555 Amory Street
For almost two decades, Strong Women, Strong Girls (SWSG) has been committed to helping every girl realize her inner strength to dream and do. We are an award winning curriculum-based mentoring organization that works to champion the aspirations and potential of girls in under-resourced communities by providing multi-generational group mentoring to build a community of strength around every girl. We work hand-in-hand with 3rd-5th grade girls, college mentors, and professional women to foster self-esteem, leadership skills, and female community.
As an organization focused on programmatic excellence through continuous learning and reflection, we have challenged ourselves to examine our core mission, impact and growth trajectory. In order to maximize alignment, innovation and growth across SWSG, we are excited to announce that our Boston and Pittsburgh Executive Director positions have each been elevated to that of Co-President. We believe this new structure will enhance our operating model and generate more vigorous growth and fulfillment of our vision and mission through unified partnership.
With these ambitious goals, we seek our first Boston Co-President; a new position focused on promoting operational excellence through organization-wide collaboration and partnership.
As Co-President, you will be responsible for overall organizational strategy and operations, including managing SWSG staff, programming, communications, financial management and development. Together, the Co-Presidents will build a unified model of programming excellence including coordinated industry standard data management and stakeholder communication with an eye toward developing enterprise-wide systems and approaches. An ideal candidate is a results-driven leader with demonstrated competence for guiding and managing a nonprofit, business or program of similar size, complexity and trajectory.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver high quality programming.
- Work closely with their Pittsburgh Co-President to align local outcomes with national strategic goals.
- Position SWSG with a high stature among its peers and a competitive advantage among funders and partners.
- Support and foster a culture that embraces teamwork, transparency, seamless communication and high levels of morale, with cross-collaboration as an ongoing objective.
- Continuous development and performance management of staff.
Fundraising and Partnership Development
- Meet annually established fundraising goals.
- Secure existing relationships and expand opportunities for diversified income streams.
- Write grants to support new and existing programs.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Represent SWSG Boston and SWSG Inc. and promote its mission at the local and regional level.
- Identify, create, and implement communications tools and strategies with an enterprise-wide and local mindset.
Finance and Operations Management
- Provide funders and partners with data, reports, and information so that they are confident their contributions are being deployed in a cost-effective and results-driven manner.
- Develop an annual budget for approval by the Board; oversee the management of all funds.
- Each Co-President will act as a lead on specific shared business functions. As a lead, you will facilitate cross-city collaboration between staff and/or board members and assume ownership for recommendations and deliverables.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
There are innumerable ways to learn, grow and excel professionally. We know people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We respect this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. We want to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to SWSG.
This said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below:
- 7+ years of experience in people-centered leadership/talent and/or operations roles where the focus has been on excellence in operations and work environment across multiple locations
- Demonstrated understanding of and passion for meeting the needs of women and girls.
- A proven track record and passion for nonprofit fundraising that is demonstrated in a commitment to maintaining current funders, a zest for cultivating new donors, an ability to generate new revenue streams.
- A background in youth programming, higher education, and educational partnerships, would be a plus, but is not required.
- Ability to build sustainable and productive partnerships with nonprofits, businesses, academic institutions, and city and state government. Comfortable and capable of speaking to these constituents and other stakeholders about the power and potential of the SWSG model.
SWSG offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience and is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply on our website with a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining both your experience and interest in supporting SWSG's mission.