The Doe Fund is a leading New York City non-profit organization that operates the enormously visible Ready, Willing & Able program, whose participants clean over 160 miles of streets and sidewalks every day. With a $50 million budget, 400 staff members and 46,000 individual donors, The Doe Fund is nationally acclaimed as a work-based model for solving homelessness and criminal recidivism. We empower people to break the cycles of homelessness, welfare dependency, substance abuse, and incarceration through innovative work and housing programs.
This full-time position with benefits is predominantly in-person/on-site.
• Teaches one 5-week, in-person Computer Skills Class
o Conducts outreach for the Computer Skills Class, informs staff and trainees about the importance of the mandatory nature of the class
o Liaises with other departments regarding trainee needs and progress
o Maintains student/participant case notes in the database, records program data, and other statistical records.
o Updates curricula as needed or requested
o Facilitates one on one tutoring sessions as needed
o Facilitates the transition to Online Computer Skills Class for qualifying trainees. Monitors student progress as they move though the course independently
• Conducts individual tutoring sessions as needed for low literacy, vocational training, pre-ABE, and HSE
o Tailors content for each individual lesson for each trainee for each session
o Clears participants for training and enrolls into targeted training or higher level education classes upon session completion
o Maintains student/participant case notes in the database, records program data, and other statistical records as needed.
• Coordinates with Adult Education Manager in regards to High School Equivalency candidates, including:
o Tutoring participants who only have 1 or 2 remaining sections to pass
• Coordinates the Harlem Computer Skills Class
o Monitors sign up sheet and coordinates class rosters with various departments
o Notifies participants of their scheduled sessions; date, time, location
o Tracks weekly attendance and notifies all relevant staff of trainee progress
• Manages the facility tutoring schedules
o Monitors the waitlist and schedules trainees when time slots become available.
o Notifies trainees of their scheduled sessions
o Keeps the tutoring Google calendars up-to-date
• Provides career, vocational, and educational counseling by determining trainees’ educational and professional qualifications and transferable skills by completing Education and Training intakes with trainees
• Acts as Education & Training Department resource for clients and staff members alike
• Facilitates monthly Education and Training orientations as needed
• Participates in a workforce development sector team
• Attends departmental and facility meetings
• Performs other duties related to the goals of the Education and Training Team as assigned
• Commitment to The Doe Fund’s mission, purpose, and values
• Bachelor’s degree required
• This is a full time position which includes evening hours - candidates must be able to teach 2-4 evenings per week from 6-9pm
• Must be willing to travel to all residential facilities (locations in Bushwick, Harlem, and Bedstuy)
• 6 months -1 year of experience teaching adults in a non-traditional setting, preferably including at least 1 year teaching computer skills (e.g. browsers, Google Suite, Word, Excel, etc.) and/or Adult Basic Education
• Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously, set priorities and meet demanding deadlines within a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills and the proven ability to synthesize and accurately present relevant information required
• Must possess computer skills, a strong command of: email, word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Calendar, and Google Classroom usage.
• Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
• “Out of the box” thinking is crucial
• Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals and groups
• High energy level and enthusiasm for the position
• Must have the ability to work both independently and in a team setting
• Must possess and exhibit a level of confidence in themselves and his/her work, but be able to take direction and criticism professionally
• Ability to achieve results and complete assignments in a timely manner utilizing Google platforms and Microsoft Office programs
The Doe Fund is a leading New York City non-profit organization that operates the enormously visible Ready, Willing & Able program, whose participants clean over 160 miles of streets and sidewalks every day. With a $50 million budget, 400…
To apply to this position, please visit the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=36649787-97b0-4130-b8d5-6cf311accabb&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=395070&source=CC2&lang=en_US