Billing and IT Assistant - Financial District - Manhattan
- Job posted by ICD-Institute for Career Development
Details: Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications
123 William Street, 5th Floor
ORGANIZATION: The Institute for Career Development (ICD) is a fast-growing, dynamic not-for-profit workforce development organization based in New York City. For 100 years, ICD has been a leader in the field of vocational rehabilitation, helping individuals with disabilities experiencing challenges or barriers to transform their lives through career development and employment. Every year, ICD services puts over 1,250 people on a path to career success. ICD’s 32+ member team of professionals assist adults, youth, veterans, entry-level employees, and career changers with disabilities to gain economic independence through career planning, evaluation, career school training programs, internships, job placement services and services for employers. Building on the organization’s program success in the five boroughs of New York City, ICD aims to increase its social impact through collaborations, advocacy, and innovation.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: ICD seeks a dynamic Assistant to IT and Finance Department with experience in billing and providing desktop and network support, including provide coverage and support to our IT Academy instructors. The selected candidate will perform the following in his/her various support capacities: Billing - this position is responsible for correcting, completing and processing all invoices and claims for ICD’s ACCES-VR clients, which will include generating reports using MS Access queries and Excel spreadsheets in accordance with established procedures; IT Support - this position requires strong PC knowledge to help monitor hardware system(s), help establish network access and user environment, and help performs daily backup of system(s); and, lastly, IT Academy - this position will help process students into the classes and provide front desk coverage during class time and lab hours.
- Daily checking online Payment system. Copy payments to an Excel Spreadsheet and post payments to the MS Access database when needed to assure accuracy of billing for all services rendered in clients account.
- Monthly preparation of funder/reimbursement billing via the ACCES-VR and other systems. Using the MS Access database and Excel Spreadsheets, generate monthly billing for all services and mark pre-printed forms for submission.
- Daily submission of all reports received from counselors. Using Winzip submit all client reports to funders and monitor results following up on any rejections.
- Copy and file both paper and electronic reports for tracking and reporting.
- Review MS Access database for accuracy and re-submit billing as needed.
- Requires attention to detail and ability to interface with staff to resolve problems and answer questions.
- Must be skilled in MS Access and Excel.
- Assist IT Department with networking issues including troubleshooting with staff and Classroom support.
- Assist IT Department with hardware issues including set-up, disconnection and installation of equipment.
- Assist the IT Department with the selection and installation of new software.
- Assist staff with the implementation of new software including instruction on utilization and providing technical support.
IT Academy Coverage:
- Assist IT Academy instructors in enrolling and processing into the program during student orientation and registration.
- Provide front desk coverage during class time and hours, including facilitating beginning-of-class procedures and end-of-class wrap-up.
- Provide support to instructors whenever necessary, including helping with the itemization and securing of computer and network equipment.
- Assist IT Academy instructors in the collection of attendance and retention data, including sending reminders and notifications of project due dates and other deadlines.
- Participate in all team meetings.
- Conduct real-time student data entry in organizational database.
- Prepare progress notes and other program monitoring reports.
- Other duties as required
WORK DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENT:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to use independent judgment and initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Active listener with ability to build rapport with diverse learners.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate blended learning training models (i.e., classroom facilitation, web-based instruction; student self-directed learning, etc).
- Commitment to the mission of ICD and a passion for teaching others.
- Ability to use creativity and enthusiasm to motivate people and tailor learning activities to meet group and individual needs.
- Good record-keeping skills to accurately track attendance, program participation, and other data.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to continuous changes in the curriculum and program.
- Staying current in trends in the industry as they impact the class and coursework.
- Professional, motivational and teamwork-oriented environment.
- Technical instruction skills and technical leadership capability.
- Minimum commitment of 18 months to ensure project lifecycle continuity.
- Frequently move computer/network equipment weighing up to 20 pounds to set up classroom instruction.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in IT and an aptitude for performing Billing functions, as well as experience providing assistance to teachers and training programs.
- Must have good knowledge of Windows and other operating systems; as well as financial/billing datases.
- Ability to teach in a highly interactive and hands-on style, and to analyze and synthesize technical information.
- Must have an AA degree, BA preferred
The Institute for Career Development is an advocate for diversity in the workplace. All candidates will benefit from equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to: race; color; age; religion; pregnancy; sex; sexual orientation; disability; gender identity; gender expression; national origin; genetic information; Veteran status; marital status; or prior protected activity.
ICD complies with all applicable federal, state, and city employment laws.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject of Billing and IT Assistant.