The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Bureau of the Controller within the Division of Finance is seeking to recruit four (4) exceptional, highly motivated, and detail-oriented clerical/administrative temporary staff to assist within the Office of Payroll. The Office of Payroll is responsible for the daily review and processing of time, leave, and overtime information for over 6,000 employees for the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
Project Name: Time Sheet Reconciliation
Location: DOHMH – Gotham Center; 42-09 28th Street, Queens NY 11101
Timekeeping reconciliation staff are needed to properly document emergency timesheets submitted by DOHHM staff.
• Sort and file emergency timesheets using both paper and digital records
• Cross reference and update labor allocations in timekeeping system
• Perform work in accordance with set deadlines
• Maintain confidentiality of information
• Provide updates/reports tracking work progress
· A four‐year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State’s Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization and either:
a. 30 semester credits from an accredited college with 6 semester credits in accounting; or
b. two years of satisfactory full‐time experience in timekeeping/payroll administration
· College education may be substituted for experience in ʺ(b)ʺ above on the basis of 15 semester credits per year for up to 18 months of experience. However, all candidates must have at least an approved four‐year high school diploma or its educational equivalent, and either 6 semester credits in accounting
• from an accredited college or 6 months of experience as described in ʺ(b)ʺ above.
• Preferred Skills:
Knowledge of basic timekeeping and familiarity with the City’s payroll system (CityTime) and/or other types of finance/cash management systems. Some knowledge and experience with MS Office programs including Excel and Outlook. Ability to navigate multiple systems at once to access information and compile or enter data.
This is an hourly paid temporary position ($25 per hour, 35 hours per week, for five months). Selected candidates are eligible for benefits via a staffing agency.
Candidates must meet DOHMH eligibility requirement including NYC residency.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter, including how your experience relates to this position here. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health…