200 Larkin Street
Reporting to the Manager of Development Data Systems, the Gift Processing Specialist provides support in the maintenance of the fundraising database and gift processing. S/he ensures the accurate entry, acknowledgment, and reporting of donations for the majority of contributed and membership income to the museum; additionally s/he oversees the maintenance of paper and electronic donor files and records. S/he fulfills data requests for lists, reports, and is responsible for coordinating the accurate and timely production of various donor recognition vehicles.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
1. Processes development contributions utilizing fundraising database; generates and audits batch transmittals of gifts; codes gifts for acknowledgement and accounting purposes; maintains and updates donor records in fundraising database.
2. Processes membership income and information; works closely with the Membership staff on membership processing tasks including gift adjustments, fulfillment of membership cards, benefits, and acknowledgment letters.
3. Generates daily gift processing reports and transmittals for contributions and membership.
4. Act as primary liaison with the Finance department to resolve coding and entry problems; improves and enhances reporting tools provided to the Finance department to increase effectiveness of reports and accuracy of financial data.
5. Attends weekly meetings between Finance and Development departments to discuss any pending issues.
6. Generates mailing lists and other data as needed.
7. Segments and prepares prospect lists for membership upgrade, Annual Fund solicitations, acquisitions, major gift solicitations, board solicitations, and lapsed campaigns.
8. Assists in the maintenance and streamlining of the database and database procedures by working with Development Information Systems team to improve department-wide gift coding, tracking, and reporting systems.
9. Assists the Special Events department in processing special event reservations, registrations and gifts.
10. Maintains Development department’s centralized paper and electronic donor files.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and two (2) years of database experience, preferably utilizing fundraising software; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
· Development/Membership experience is highly desirable. Understanding of financial coding systems a plus
· Excellent computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel; knowledge of fundraising database programs, mail merge, and pivot tables/reports preferred. Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Siriusware is highly desirable; knowledge of creating and running queries and exports is highly desirable
· Strong oral and written communications skills; solid interpersonal and organizational skills, with ability to work with a team to solve problems; flexible and resourceful
· Ability to work well with staff, volunteers, members, and the general public; satisfy deadlines with a high level of initiative, accuracy, and attention to detail; sort multiple priorities and respond to the needs of a fast-paced work environment
· Ability to maintain professional discretion and confidentiality at all times
· Ability to work at the computer terminal and successfully perform repetitive data entry for extended periods of time
$22.9810 - $27.6007 per hour** with a generous benefits package
**Please note: New hires start at the beginning of the salary range and this position is represented by SEIU 1021.
*The Asian Art Museum is one of the largest museums in the Western world devoted exclusively to Asian art and culture. Home to more than 18,000 works of art from over 40 Asian countries, we strive to be a catalyst for discovery, dialogue, and inspiration. With Asia as our lens and art as our cornerstone, we spark connections across cultures and through time, igniting curiosity, conversation, and creativity. *
The Asian Art Museum embraces diversity in its mission, programs, and staff.
Minimum Education Required