Contract Grant Writer (part-time as needed)
Details: Grant writer will be an independent contractor and paid on a per project basis. Hourly rate is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Boston Public Library
700 Boylston Street
The Norman B. Leventhal Map & Education Center at the Boston Public Library (LMEC) is an independent nonprofit organization in a longstanding public-private partnership with the Boston Public Library as steward of its cartographic holdings. The Center is dedicated to the creative educational use of its 200,000 maps, 5,000 atlases and related assets in the collection, which originate from the 15th century to the present. In addition to its conservation and digitization program the Leventhal Center offers public exhibitions, reference and research services, innovative education programs for K-12 students and visitors, professional development for teachers, and an extensive website including 8,000 high resolution, zoomable, digitized maps and over 100 lesson plans and other educational materials free to the public online.
LMEC is seeking a highly experienced professional to perform grant writing for a variety of institutional funding opportunities. This is an independent contract position. Work will be completed remotely through email and phone communications, as well as through in-person office meetings. The grant writer will be paid on a project basis.
Reporting to the President and working closely with the Development Manager, the Grant Writer supports the overall fundraising efforts of the LMEC Development Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A strong understanding of nonprofits and ability to absorb and articulate mission and programs
- Demonstrated ability to craft compelling funding proposals
- Track record of successful major grants
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants
- Able to work well independently and collaboratively
- Experience in regional and national institutional fundraising for historical, cultural, library and/or museums preferred
Minimum Education Required