Details: This is a part-time position that starts at $15/hour. Hours are flexible and may increase, along with hourly wage, as funding allows.
14 Beacon Street
The Marketing and Fundraising Coordinator will be expected to help implement BAGLY’s marketing and development strategies as assigned by their supervisor, primarily by providing administrative support, collaborating with program staff, and helping to steward BAGLY’s supporters. Duties may also include the designing of marketing materials, online communication, tabling at events, and other tasks as assigned. This position will also require some flexibility around the applicant’s schedule, as some night and weekend hours will be necessary.
· Fluid and practical knowledge of database management
· Processes donations in a timely manner
· Coordinates and executes the flow of acknowledgment letters
· Works collaboratively with BAGLY staff to support the success of the organization’s strategic goals
· Supports the Development & Marketing Manager’s efforts to operationalize the annual Development Plan
· Other duties as assigned by Development & Marketing Manager
· Assists with BAGLY’s comprehensive digital marketing presence, including its website, social media, and e-mail campaigns
· Participate in the creation of an annual marketing plan
· Works collaboratively with staff and BAGLY youth membership to create compelling organizational and programmatic marketing collateral
· Ideally will design program, development, and organizational promotional collateral in both digital and printed formats
· Supports the creation of an annual fundraising plan including, but not limited to, appeal mailings, fundraising events, direct major donor cultivation and solicitation, grant research and writing
· Coordinate a grant calendar to keep track of proposals and reports
· Supports all fundraising programs for the organization (capital, annual, planned, special purpose programs and major donor/corporate stewardship)
· Assists in the maintenance a complete record of all gifts, correspondence, etc., in the files of key prospects
· Accurately and timely inputs data of all relevant donor and prospect information
· Assists the Development & Marketing Manager in the preparation of revenue reports
Preference given for those with at least 1 year of experience and successful track record in:
- Administrative and office support
- Social media planning and posting
- Graphic and web design
- Data entry
Personal and professional qualities:
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Commitment to advancing social justice, particularly racial, gender and economic justice
· Strong understanding of, and commitment to, BAGLY’s mission, including LGBTQ youth, youth leadership and development, health promotion and social justice
· Strong organizational, planning, communication, facilitation and time management skills
· Experience working with communities of color, LGBTQ communities, and youth and young adults
· Professional maturity
· Ability to make sound decisions/judgments and creatively problem-solve
· Priority setting and organizational skills
· Presentation skills
· Ability to take initiative and work independently.
· Ability to develop and maintain collegial and donor relationships.
· Conflict management
· Positive attitude
· Sense of humor
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and an attachment/sample that demonstrates your comfort with marketing, social media usage, or your communication style.
Please submit all application packets to email@example.com
Please know that given time and staff constraints we are only able to contact applicants who are selected for an interview.
Thank you so much for considering this position!