ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Anti-Recidivism Coalition (ARC) works to end mass incarceration in California. To ensure our communities are safe, healthy, and whole, ARC empowers formerly and currently incarcerated people to thrive by providing a support network, comprehensive reentry services, and opportunities to advocate for policy change. Through our grassroots policy advocacy, we are dedicated to transforming the criminal justice system so that it is more just and equitable for all people. Learn more at www.antirecidivism.org.
The Applied Researcher for the Anti-Recidivism Coalition (ARC) will provide support to the ARC program and development staff. Responsibilities include survey development and collection, database monitoring and troubleshooting, data validation, reporting, monitoring of outcomes, and translation of data findings to ARC staff. The Applied Researcher will work closely with ARC program leaders to maintain accurate, quality information and provide critical data system support to ARC.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS RELATED TO APPLIED RESEARCHER
· Primarily be responsible for developing data collection tools (e.g., surveys, focus
group protocols), data collection, and data analysis using platforms such as STATA or SPSS
· Manage research into the appropriate data base for ARC’s data tracking and internal research and evaluation purposes
· Manage migration of sensitive ARC data to new data system, if necessary
· Work in collaboration with program leaders to ensure accurate and effective
monitoring of programs, data collection, implementation, and outcomes
· Routinely present updated reports and insights to program leaders
· Work closely with program leaders to communicate and resolve data entry
· Perform data analyses and help with written reports, when requested, to support
ARC’s programs team
· Create visualization tools and dashboards to track programmatic outcomes to
support program leaders as requested
· Master’s Degree or extensive experience in human behavior research
· Experience with sorting, manipulating and validating data within databases
· Proficient in MS office with expert proficiency in Excel
· Experience with both qualitative and quantitative data analyses software, including JASP, SPSS or STATA
· Demonstrated cultural humility and ability to communicate respectfully to all program staff and willingness to support staff with data needs.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Anti-Recidivism Coalition (ARC) works to end mass incarceration in California. To ensure our communities are safe, healthy, and whole, ARC empowers formerly and currently incarcerated people to thrive by…
Eligible for Company benefits as outlined in the Employee Handbook, which are subject to change from time to time at ARC’s discretion. As such, you will be eligible to begin accruing 10 days of vacation and 6 days of sick time upon hire, plus 10 day office closure during Christmas and New Year’s. Eligible for health, dental, vision and life insurances on the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
ARC pays 75% of medical/dental/vision benefits for employees and 50% for dependents. Kaiser and Anthem are the Medical plans offered and Principal is offered for dental/vision/life insurance.
Eligible for Company benefits as outlined in the Employee Handbook, which are subject to change from time to time at ARC’s discretion. As such, you will be eligible to begin accruing…