The mission of Jubilee Housing, Inc. (JHI) is building diverse, compassionate communities that create opportunities for everyone to thrive. Since 1973, Jubilee has worked to provide high quality affordable housing and holistic support to those experiencing economic hardship in the Adams Morgan and Columbia Heights neighborhoods of Washington D.C. Jubilee currently operates ten properties totaling 299 units of affordable housing and offers robust programming for residents and community members pursuing life goals.
Jubilee Housing is an innovator in financing for affordable housing and a responsible steward of the investments it receives. Jubilee produces not simply affordable housing, but justice housing. Justice Housing is affordable to those with few financial assets, located in neighborhoods where resources such as good schools, grocery stores, and public transportation are readily accessible and near services that support residents as they pursue educational and career attainment. Jubilee is seeking individuals who are excited about this concept and want to work with us to ensure Justice Housing becomes a reality for all Jubilee Residents who want to be a part of the Justice Housing Community.
JHI is actively recruiting to fill the position of Grants Manager. This will be a new position for the organization, housed within the Chief Operating Officer’s cluster and report, directly, to the Director of Research, Impact and Evaluation (Director). This position also will assist with cross-departmental duties as necessary to ensure accurate and efficient collection and reporting of grants data.
- Work in collaboration with the Finance department on the management of grant budgets to ensure successful execution of grant process
- Work with Program Directors to ensure they are properly recording grant hours to meet grant obligations
- Keeping track of the balances, and understanding when a modification needs to be made so grant funds can be drawn down
- Coordination with Finance and Program to ensure we are properly recording and invoicing expenses
Impact and Evaluation Responsibilities:
- Assist with all measurement and evaluation activities, as well as assist all staff with inputting evaluation data into “Penelope by Athena Software,” the web-based case management software for human and social services, and any other digital application systems utilized in JHI program and service delivery.
- Lead or assist in the training of JHI Programs staff; monitor and troubleshoot any technical issues; and research and recommend complementary measurement software.
- Support the existing processes and the development of new processes to collect the necessary information required by our grantors, including form design (on paper or online), reaching out to residents, and/or collaborating with internal Jubilee colleagues and external partners.
- Primary internal point of contact, responsible for IT needs, including, but not limited to, M&E apps and loading curricula into appropriate portals.
- Pre- and Post-Award Grant Support: Provide support (M&E data) as requested, from the Institutional Advancement Department (Fundraising and Communications), in the preparation of and reporting on grants, ensuring that all measurement and evaluation data is provided in an accurate and timely manner, in the completion of all funder reports and updates.
- Lead monthly cross-departmental Grant Tracking and Review meetings.
- Work with Finance Department to continuously reconcile Institutional Advancement Department (“IA”) records of awards from funders and cash flow from all.
- Ensure that grant budgets set up in accounting system with revenue and cost allocations are coded in GL and in grant budgets
- Assist IA in its management of grant renewal applications and reporting requirements for all existing and multi-year grants.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent background, with a minimum of three (3) years of professional grant management experience.
- Organized with high attention to detail. Able to manage compliance for the portfolio of grants with specific timelines and requirements for each funder.
- Familiarity with Out of School Time (OST), Family Services and Returning Citizens/Reentry Population Services grants and programs is a plus, though not mandatory.
- Ability to synthesize program data, from various departments, into measurable outcome reporting’s, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Able to understand and interrupt financial and budget documentation, financial statements, grant budgets, and cash flow requirements, in partnership with finance department.
- Ability to read and interpret funder documents including, but not limited to, Grant Reporting Guidelines; ability to synthesize information to respond directly to funder inquiries.
- Computer Skills: Experience with and knowledge of computer operations; knowledge of Office Suite, database applications, and fundraising software is a plus.
Salary Range and Benefits:
- $48,000.00 -$52,000. Salary Range
- Benefits include health, vision, and dental insurance, STD, LTD, and Life insurances, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, transportation stipend and a matched contribution retirement plan.
- Please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference the “Grant Manager” in the subject line.
Background and Reference Checks:
- This position has been designated by the hiring department to require a background and reference checks. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to screening and will be required to consent to a pre-employment background and reference checks as a condition of employment.
Jubilee Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of Jubilee Housing, Inc. (JHI) is building diverse, compassionate communities that create opportunities for everyone to thrive. Since 1973, Jubilee has worked to provide high quality affordable housing and holistic support to…
Benefits include health, vision, and dental insurance, STD, LTD, and Life insurances, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, transportation stipend and a matched contribution retirement plan
Benefits include health, vision, and dental insurance, STD, LTD, and Life insurances, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, transportation stipend and a matched contribution…