Details: The salary range for this position is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) is dedicated to providing immediate, effective, and comprehensive employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. CEO’s programs help participants regain the skills and confidence needed for successful transitions to stable, productive lives. CEO serves more than 5,000 participants a year, giving them the opportunity to support themselves and their families, remain crime-free, and contribute positively to their communities.
Headquartered in New York City, CEO currently operates in 19 cities across six states. In 2016, CEO embarked on a five-year strategic plan to serve 11,000 participants annually. CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations, including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, James Irvine Foundation, Tipping Point Community, and Google.org, among many others.
We’ve recently received funding to pilot a department dedicated to growing CEO’s business with new and existing customers to increase the number of immediate, paid employment opportunities for our participants. As part of our program model, every participant works for CEO’s social enterprise to gain experience and income while concurrently working with CEO’s vocational staff to find a permanent job outside of CEO. Currently, CEO employs over 400 people per day and 5,000 people annually across the U.S. who provide maintenance services to more than 40 customers, ranging from Caltrans to the New York Housing Authority to the Philadelphia Parks Department.
We’re seeking a resourceful, analytical, and data-driven Strategic Growth Analyst to lay the groundwork for the Business Development Team to drive business acquisition in select geographies. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual interested in utilizing their experience to have deep impact on people and communities that have experienced cycles of incarceration and poverty.
Initially, the Strategic Growth Analyst will offer key analytical support, researching and securing relevant data sets, conducting research and market analysis to determine potential states in which to run the pilot, and identifying possible new partnerships in existing and emerging market sectors. Over time, they will generate lead lists and support with the development of marketing materials and pricing tools. They will serve as an integral member of the Business Development Team, supporting the team in expanding CEO’s current contracts with agencies and businesses, selling into other local, state, and federal agencies, and exploring partnerships with private sector companies.
This position is currently funded for two years. Continuation of the position is dependent upon availability of future funding which we hope to be able to secure.
The Impact You’ll Make
Our social enterprise work crews are the centerpiece of CEO’s evidence-based model and program intervention. The work crew experience gives participants a degree of initial stability and support that helps them successfully connect to the job market and desist from crime. The work crews also earn revenue which helps ensure CEO’s financial sustainability.
Through signing new and larger contracts, the Strategic Growth Analyst, in collaboration with the Business Development Team, will increase the number of transitional job opportunities available to individuals and enable CEO to serve a much larger percent of those most in need of support.
- Conduct data analysis, identifying critical business markets, trends, and opportunities for CEO
- Identify and prioritize new growth opportunities
- Perform market analysis and build business cases
- Develop and deliver metrics, analysis, and recommendations to support strategic decisions
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to the Sales Strategy Director, offering support in setting strategy and milestones
- Contribute to the envisioning and execution of business development events
- Conduct other duties and ad-hoc analyses as assigned
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with an MBA, Masters in a relevant field (Mathematics, Economics, Marketing or field with a quantitative focus), and/or 2-3 years of demonstrated experience in strategy consulting or market research
- You’re eager to apply your experience and skill set to drive results within a mission-driven and social justice-minded nonprofit organization
- You have outstanding analytical skills and a data-driven mindset (you consider yourself a data geek, regularly analyzing data and applying findings to drive strategy and decision making)
- You’re able to transition seamlessly between detailed data and high-level insights
- You’re a whiz with technology, with experience using analytics and data visualizations as well as writing simple algorithms
- You’re a self starter and feel comfortable performing within fast-paced and results-focused environments that require entrepreneurial spirit and drive
- You’re diligent and hold yourself accountable to deadlines and outcomes no matter a project’s complexity
- You’re able to travel 10-20% of the time
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
CEO also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application materials, including a resume and cover letter, using the provided link. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Google Chrome is the optimal browser for our application portal.