The Arnold P. Gold Foundation is a healthcare-related 501 (c)(3) with a small staff, a wide reach and ambitions to grow. The Foundation works to ensure that healthcare professionals provide patient care that is as compassionate as it is technologically sophisticated. We are well known throughout the US in academic medical education and have recently expanded our programs into nursing colleges and to other health providers in training and in practice.
Our Mission: The Gold Foundation infuses the human connection into healthcare. We engage schools, health systems, companies, and individual clinicians in the joy and meaning of humanistic healthcare, so that they have the strength and knowledge to ensure patients and families are partners in collaborative, compassionate, and scientifically excellent care. Learn more at www.gold-foundation.org.
We have embarked on a 5 year strategic plan to expand and grow our footprint that includes working with corporate partners, foundations, and hospitals to ensure that humanistic, compassionate, and co-produced healthcare is implemented.
We are seeking an energetic, detailed oriented Development and Communications Associate willing to be involved in all phases of our external affairs.
The Development and Communications Associate supports the fundraising, development and communications efforts of the External Affairs team at The Arnold P. Gold Foundation, including gift entry and database management; special event administration and planning; donor stewardship for a $3 million annual fundraising campaign; and key support of external marketing and communications strategies. This position is based at The Arnold P. Gold Foundation’s office in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, just minutes from the George Washington Bridge.
The Development and Communications Associate will report jointly to the Chief Development Officer and the Director of Development and will work closely with other staff, especially the Director of Communications.
Only individuals with demonstrated database and event-planning experience will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supports the implementation of an annual development plan that incorporates a range of strategies, including board/advisor gifts, annual appeals, major donors, and grants;
· Manages the administrative aspects of fundraising and development initiatives, including data entry into Raiser’s Edge, reporting, donor acknowledgments, and database management;
· Coordinates the planning and execution of several cultivation, stewardship, and fundraising events each year, including an annual gala;
· Assists in the production of appeal campaigns and other fundraising communications and strategies;
· Assists in prospect research and the grant process
· Assists in the identification and cultivation of major donors;
· Supports and assists in external communications including, but not limited to, website, printed materials, press releases, email marketing and social media;
· Works with all members of the Gold Foundation team in supporting foundation initiatives;
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
· 1-3 years of relevant fundraising/communications experience;
· Familiarity with database systems, ideally Raiser’s Edge;
· Large-scale special event-planning experience;
· Excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint, with social media and email marketing experience a plus;
· Impeccable organizational skills with great attention to detail;
· Ability to “manage up” and help keep fundraising and communications priorities and deadlines on track for several staff members;
· Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, and prioritize work assignments to meet deadlines;
· Strong judgement and decision making
· Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential;
· Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
· Strong interpersonal skills.
The Arnold P. Gold Foundation is a healthcare-related 501 (c)(3) with a small staff, a wide reach and ambitions to grow. The Foundation works to ensure that healthcare professionals provide patient care that is as compassionate as it is…
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should send resume with cover letter and salary range/requirements via e-mail to HR@gold-foundation.org. Resumes without a cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
No calls, please.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should send resume with cover letter and salary range/requirements via e-mail to HR@gold-foundation.org. Resumes without a cover letter and…