4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW Suite M-2
PRIMARY AREAS OF WORK:
Ensures achievement of national program outcomes for girls by supporting volunteers to deliver an array of events, troop resources and leadership programs for girls in grades K through 12.
- Expands the Council’s programmatic reach through the identification and implementation of key programs in local communities throughout the region, including Washington, DC and the parts of Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia that are served by the Council.
- Becomes familiar with and maintains knowledge of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE). Remains up to date on a variety of topics as new Girl Scout Journeys and badges are added to the Girl’s Guides to Girl Scouting, to provide resource expertise to volunteers and staff as they set up programs for girls.
- Interprets and adapts program resources to support the GSLE; meets Council operating goals and addresses the needs of members who represent a broad geographic and socio-economic range.
- Provides support for assigned volunteer committees and groups through timely communication, ongoing contact and troubleshooting program challenges. Convenes volunteers to train them on selected materials, and subsequently coordinates volunteer deployment of learned content through workshops and other programs for girls. Identifies a sustainable program delivery model that balances wide program distribution with efficiency.
- Plans for and participates in program evaluation, cost analysis, and outcomes assessment of Council programs. Revises program resource content as needed.
- Actively promotes the benefits of local programming opportunities to the Council’s members, through the crafting of compelling promotional content. Provides relevant content for posting on Council web pages, and produces print and electronic publications that share troop program opportunities.
- Ensures that all programs are developed in keeping with Girl Scouts health and safety, human relations, sensitive issues, and other guidelines, and that participation in program events is inclusive and representative of all jurisdictions within the Council.
- Works with Customer Care department to accomplish on-time event registrations, confirmations, substitutions, and refunds related to Council programs.
- Works collaboratively to achieve Program department operating objectives. Provides professional and courteous customer service.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to interact effectively in a public setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (including but not limited to Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to changes that may need to be made to programs, locations, or other aspects of plan of work.
- Strong, positive customer service skills to work with volunteers and Girl Scout staff.
- Ability to work well with people of all ages, adults and children.
- Must have access to an automobile for regular travel throughout the entire jurisdiction of Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule consisting of frequent weekend and evening events, meetings and site visits.
- Preference may be given to candidates with Girl Scout experience or solid understanding of the Girl Scout volunteer structure (i.e. Service Units).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate verbally. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is also required to be able to lift 35 pounds without difficulty.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, click here or the link above to complete application through our website.
An Equal Opportunity Employer