875 Avenue of the Americas
JOB TYPE: Part-Time (16-24 hrs/wk); Non-Exempt; (non-employee/contract possible)
JOB LOCATION: New York City (Office-based position)
COMPENSATION: Competitive hourly rate; Some benefits
FOR FULL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT, VIST OUR WEBSITE: www.AdvocatesForPregnantWomen.org
NAPW seeks an experienced part-time Full-charge Bookkeeper (FCB). Reporting to the Deputy Director of Operations with oversight from the Consulting CFO, the Full-charge Bookkeeper performs all professional bookkeeping/business management and accounting functions in accordance with prescribed internal accounting systems and GAAP.
The FCB is a self-motivator who will play a key role in the daily operations of the company and who will be entrusted with a high level of responsibility. Although this is a part-time position, the Full-charge Bookkeeper is expected to be fully-integrated as a member of the NAPW team.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic self-starter who can work independently, and is also adept at working collaboratively with the entire staff and external business partners. S/He must be an excellent problem-solver, effective team player, be highly organized, and must be good at setting priorities and juggling multiple tasks at one time. Prior experience in non-profit accounting is required. The part-time Full-charge Bookkeeper will work closely with all staff members, performing all duties with confidence and efficiency.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Manage all aspects of day to day bookkeeping and accounting processes including but not limited to: A/P, A/R, payroll, journal entries, and bank reconciliation in accordance to GAAP;
· Maintaining the chart of accounts and classifications that associate revenue and expenses with various programs, grants and other functions;
· Processing and payment of all invoices in a timely manner;
· Performing and recording job costing overhead allocation;
· Coordinating with outside CPA and Auditors in preparation of year-end audit and IRS 990/State filings; Administration of quarterly and annual business taxes;
· Year-end Form 1099 & Form W-2 processing;
· Collaborating with HR in the administration and funding of NAPW’s 403B plan;
· Preparation of preliminary trial balance;
· Preparing accrual items and correcting errors in the preliminary trial balance with adjusting entries;
· Conducting monthly bank and credit card reconciliations;
· Managing all aspects of payroll execution, including submission of all state, federal, and county forms, taxes and tax deposits, and reports;
· Assisting with the preparation of budgets and financial reports for the Senior Management Team and Board as required;
· Proactively maintaining highly organized filing system; files invoices, payroll paperwork, reimbursements, insurance information and other financial records in a timely fashion and in compliance with retention schedules; manage the filing of highly-confidential information and documents as well the disposal of such items as appropriate;
· Managing time tracking process for employees with hours billable to grants, utilizing online time tracking tool, and extract data to make appropriate payroll entries for financial and grant reporting;
· Creating budgets and ﬁnancial reports to use for grant applications and reporting;
· Collaborating on development activities related to grant awards and individual giving such as: recording and reconciliation of pledges, receipts, contributions, and other revenues from offline and online sources, and responsible for issuing charitable tax receipts and reports;
· Assisting in the research, development and implementation of systems, procedures, and efficiencies related to finance and accounting as needed;
· Attending staff meetings and other staff events as appropriate and required;
Minimum qualifications include (but are not limited to):
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, business management or related field with working knowledge of accounting principles and general business operations in the nonprofit sector; Certified Bookkeeper designation (CB) preferred, but not required;
· 5+ years of Full-charge bookkeeping experience and thorough knowledge of GAAP, non-profit budgeting and accounting practices, with knowledge of non-profit advocacy programs and services including experience reporting to funding organizations;
· Experience with the certified audit process; Previous successful audits in non-profit industry;
· Strong mathematical skills and proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records;
· Experience building out accounting systems for organizations;
· Strong verbal and written communications skills including bringing forth any questions or issues immediately to seek clarification; Ability to offer suggestions for process improvement; Ability to clearly and concisely communicate finance and accounting practices, terms, and procedures (verbally and in writing) to individuals familiar with finance and accounting and to non-finance/accounting audiences as well;
· Ability to step into an active role immediately; Ability to interface well with staff and external contacts;
· Advanced-level proficiency with solid, measurable experience in Mac OS platform finance and accounting applications is required (i.e., QuickBooks, QB Pro Advisor, QB Online, QuickBooks Professional, Intuit Payroll, HRIS, and Development/Donor management); Familiarity with and/or trainability in other related software and database applications (e.g., Paychex, ADP-Run, ADP Total Source, MIP, Fund-EZ, Network for Good, Raiser’s Edge, 4D, PeopleSoft);
· Advanced-level proficiency with solid, measurable experience in MS Professional Office Suite and G Suite (Google) are required; Familiarity with and/or trainability in other Mac OS computer software applications, databases, and social media platforms (i.e. Zoom, Google Hangout, Skype).
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
THIS IS AN IMMEDIATE HIRE. APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 26TH, 2018
REQUIRED SUBMISSIONS (MUST INCLUDE ALL ITEMS LISTED BELOW):
- Cover Letter which must include all of the following elements:
a) Your personal & professional motivation for seeking this position.
b) A discussion of what makes you the ideal/best candidate for this position.
c) Salary Requirement.
d) Indicate where you found this Job Announcement.
3. Complete contact information for three (3) professional references
INSTRUCTIONS: NO PHONE CALLS OR FAXES PLEASE.
All submissions must be sent VIA EMAIL ONLY To: NAPWjobs@AdvocatesForPregnantWomen.org
SUBJECT: ATTN: Human Resources – P/T Bookkeeper (March 2018)