98 Carroll Street
Are you passionate about providing opportunities for individuals to rebuild their lives? The Rescue Mission of Trenton is looking to expand our team of committed staff members dedicated to providing an environment where one can live with dignity and experience hope.
For nearly 100 years, the Rescue Mission of Trenton has been the agency in the City of Trenton dedicated to providing food, shelter, and clothing to the needy men and women of Trenton. The Mission operates an emergency homeless shelter, a range of substance abuse treatment programs, and a variety of permanent supportive housing options.
The Rescue Mission is looking for a Full Time Executive Administrative Assistant to work under the supervision of the Administrative Manager, providing administrative and secretarial support to the the Chief Executive Officer and the Administrative Office.
The primary responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant are as followed:
• Types and designs general correspondence: memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc
• Proofreads copy of spelling, grammar and layout, makes appropriate changes
• Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, conferences, travel, etc
• Coordinates the record keeping for administrative office
• Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls
• Responds to general inquiries about the Rescue Mission, directing inquiries to appropriate staff and/or program
• Works independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, and creating brochures
• Assists with fundraising activities as required
• Provides general Human Resource Support
• Provides general Administrative and Executive support
• Provides administrative services to other departments, as needed
The ideal candidate for this position is organized, able to work independently, can manage multiple projects and deadlines, has a good sense of humor, and is sincerely interested in working with the homeless, the addicted, and the economically poor. Candidates should possess a strong work ethic, the ability to recognize challenges and seek solutions, and the ability to work as an independent contributor to a team. Must be available between the hours of 8 AM and 4 PM Monday – Friday.
Qualifications For Position
Education: High School diploma/GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of intermediate to advanced secretarial and/or administrative executive experience
Skills and Abilities: Active learning and listening, critical thinking, written comprehension and expression, and researcher
Machine, Tools and Equipment: Computer, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook)
Other Requirements: Valid driver’s license
To apply, send resume and cover letter via email. No phone calls, please.
The Rescue Mission of Trenton is an EOE/AA employer.
A lucrative benefit package that includes a Qualified Retirement Plan
Level of Language Proficiency
Highly proficient in spoken and written English. Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Work sample testing provided at interview