45 Franklin Street, 3rd floor
About The Posse Foundation:
The Posse Foundation is a nationally recognized youth leadership development and college access program that identifies, recruits, and trains diverse teams—Posses—of public high school students and sends them to top colleges and universities. To date, more than 8,480 Posse Scholars have been accepted into top-tier institutions of higher education throughout the country. These young people have received more than $1.2 billion in full-tuition leadership scholarships from Posse’s college and university partners and have been agents of positive change on their campuses.
Posse’s unique and carefully structured, three-month selection process identifies candidates using criteria beyond academic achievement, including leadership talent, desire to succeed and ability to work constructively with people from diverse backgrounds. Posse’s high school through college programming makes it one of the most comprehensive programs of its kind in the nation. In 2010, The Posse Foundation was identified by President Obama as one of 10 national non-profit organizations to receive a portion of his Nobel Peace Prize grant. The foundation is poised to double in size over the next ten years and dramatically increase its national impact.
Posse’s current university partners include Agnes Scott, Babson, Bard, Boston U., Brandeis, Bryn Mawr, Bucknell, Carleton, Centre, Colby, Wooster, Connecticut, Cornell, Dartmouth, Davidson, Denison, DePauw, Dickinson, Franklin & Marshall, George Washington, Grinnell, Hamilton, Hobart and William Smith, Kalamazoo, Lafayette, Lawrence, Lehigh, Middlebury, Mount Holyoke, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Oberlin, Pepperdine, Pomona, Sewanee, Smith, St. Olaf, Syracuse, Texas A&M, Trinity, Tulane, Union, UC Berkeley, U. Michigan, Puget Sound, Rochester, UT Austin, U. Virginia, UW Madison, Vanderbilt, Vassar, Wesleyan, and Wheaton.
Posse’s 2018 budget of $23 million supports programs in Atlanta, Bay Area, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, New York City, and Washington, D.C. Posse has a staff of 170 nationally. There is a national board of directors, as well as advisory boards in each city.
This is a great entry-level opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in nonprofit administration and fundraising. The primary responsibilities of the position are to directly support all aspects of the site director’s daily duties including general office management, organizing calendar and travel, generating reports, managing petty cash, event planning, working with donors and various other constituent groups, and assisting with major projects and program operations. The assistant also works to support the site’s fundraising operations. Those responsibilities include database management, event coordination and logistical support, mailings, research, grant writing and other general development administrative duties. The assistant reports to the site director.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Database management and administrative background required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Outlook, database management, internet research, e-mail and basic computer skills are required
- Knowledge of Access, InDesign, and Raiser’s Edge software a plus
- Excellent demonstrated skills in writing, communication and time management
- Ability to organize, manage and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Superb interpersonal relationship skills with many different constituents
- Self-motivated, hardworking, independent and enthusiastic
- Deadline and detail oriented
- At least one year of professional experience preferred
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Demonstrated belief in Posse’s mission and values
Deadline for submission of application is September 14, 2018.
No Phone Calls Please.
The Posse Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about The Posse Foundation please visit www.possefoundation.org.
Posse is proud to offer competitive benefits to its employees. Some of Posse’s benefits include:
- Employer paid medical, dental, and life insurance plan for employee
- Paid parental leave
- 403(B) plan with employer match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Generous paid time off policy
Minimum Education Required