26 Bleecker Street
Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking a Director of Surgical Abortion Services to join our Clinical Services team. This position is scheduled Tuesday - Saturday and is based at our Margaret Sanger Center, located at 26 Bleecker Street, New York, NY 10012.
It is an exciting and important time to work at Planned Parenthood of New York City. We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Working at PPNYC is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programing so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers, whether through our services, education or advocacy efforts, which prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
At PPNYC, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPNYC fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPNYC knows that our greatest asset is our people. We offer competitive compensation and robust benefits package to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the Director of Surgical Abortion Services does:
- Employs innovative thinking and clinical expertise to provide leadership for and strategic input about the high volume surgical abortion services at Planned Parenthood of New York City (PPNYC).
- Adapts to change and envisions novel approaches to maintaining clinical excellence while addressing operational challenges.
- Serves as a strategic partner to co-supervisors, builds relationships with staff in a variety of levels and job descriptions and provides strong leadership and direct supervision to surgical abortion nursing staff.
- Ensures that surgical services are provided in accordance with agency policies and procedures and PPNYC medical standards and guidelines.
- Employs strong communication skills to serve as a champion for PPNYC surgical abortion services and work with the PPNYC clinical and operations teams to create a highly efficient, patient-centered, evidence-based abortion service that maximizes the patient experience.
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- Bachelor degree in Nursing or equivalent.
- Certification either as a Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Midwife or Physician Assistant.
- Must be licensed to practice in New York State.
- At least three years of demonstrated leadership/supervisory experience.
- Training and expertise in sexual and reproductive health care is required.
- Experience with surgical abortion is desired, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Are you interested in bringing your expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please click this link to submit your resume and cover letter through our organization's website.
No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.