Some of the essential responsibilities of the Housing Case Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Works closely with the Housing Locator on the housing needs of New Hope Housing residents to ensure an ongoing availability of appropriate housing opportunities.
- Provides housing counseling and budget training for clients to help prepare them for housing.
- Assists residents one on one to complete housing applications, lease agreements, background checks, etc., based on referral from the shelter case manager.
- Coordinates move outs, acting as the liaison between parties and resident when needed.
- Is visible and interacts regularly with residents. Provides crisis intervention and counseling as needed.
- Transports residents when necessary in agency vehicles, including the agency’s 15 passenger van.
- Serves as liaison with staff from other agencies involved in providing housing resources
- Prepares monthly statistical and narrative reports according to federal, state, and local and/or grant requirements
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, staff development and professional training to increase knowledge and enhance skills
- Provides guidance to staff, community organizations and businesses on homeless and Identifies gaps in services
- Composes correspondence, maintains records, files and documents
- Models a caring, concerned, and respectful attitude toward residents.
- Maintains adherence to resident guidelines and upholds agency procedures.
- Is familiar with and complies with policies and procedures of New Hope Housing.
- Role models positive behavior for all agency staff, participates in agency wide events, and takes on role of leadership as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Excellent Benefits Package
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish Preferred
Minimum Education Required