TalkingPoints is an award-winning education technology non-profit organization with the mission to unlock the potential of low-income, underserved families to support their children’s learning by partnering with their children’s schools. COVID-19 remote learning environment has made our mission ever more urgent and important. We’re building a one-of-a-kind product in the market, a multilingual family engagement platform that connects families and teachers using human and artificial intelligence powered, two-way translated messages and personalized supports — eliminating language, time limitations, and know-how as barriers to school/family connection.
Millions of teachers and families are using TalkingPoints in their classrooms and schools and districts across the U.S. TalkingPoints works with key school district partners such as Oakland Unified, Wake County and NYC DOE. We have won awards from NYU, MIT, Google.org, Ashoka, Forbes and are backed by Google.org, AT&T, Carnegie Corporation, Schmidt Futures, Stanford University and NewSchools Venture Fund, to name a few. Most recently we were named an evidence-based learning platform to support by MIT’s J-Pal, and our research partners include University of Chicago and MIT.
Our technical products are supported and recognized by organizations such as Google (who we continue to partner closely with their research/eng team) and are shared widely in the technical community, such as NeurIPS. Learn more.
Diversity: we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it!
The Translation Product Manager at TalkingPoints supports our products that enhance the quality of our translations and scale for our fast growing multilingual user-base. Key areas of your work will include:
- Managing TalkingPoints AI-driven translation roadmap as well as human translator operations end to end, managing trade offs of quality, efficiency and reliability.
- Managing a Program Coordinator and external translation vendors (single and multi-language providers).
- Working with the engineering team to implement a quality framework to measure and improve quality metrics.
- Leading daily standups and regular planning meetings, in collaboration with other Product Managers and Engineering Manager.
- Creating processes to collect and clean quality translation data to be used in custom model training.
- Collaborating with engineering team on identification of ML, NLP and other AI-related technologies to support product and impact goals.
- Collaborating with Marketing and Partnerships teams to communicate our translation advantages to partners and prospective customers.
Who you are
The ideal candidate will have most or all of the following:
- 5+ years experience supporting technical product development/management, or related program management experience.
- Experience driving development and launch of technically-complex products using natural language processing, machine learning, and other applications of AI and /or data science.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate innovative new ideas.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
- Bonus points for specific technical expertise, including:
- Analytics: Tableau, query building, SQL
- Collaborating with engineering, design and product teams on multiple cross-functional projects
- Agile, workflow, resource management, JIRA
- Overall fit with our culture including:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong team-player: we work as a small, tightly-knit team and you should be self-starting and motivated to build things.
- Scrappy, experimental and excited about a fast-paced startup environment.
- Strong commitment to our mission and using technology to make a difference.
- Experience in education and/or empathy with communities we serve (e.g., underserved populations, education, immigration, bilingual and/or multicultural environments).
Nice to haves
- Experience with US-based K-12 education systems (e.g., district or school administrator experience)
- Experience in or empathy with communities we serve (e.g., underserved populations, education, immigration, bilingual and/or multicultural environments)
What we offer
- An incredible opportunity to build a mission-driven, rapidly growing startup education tech nonprofit
- Competitive salary, full coverage health insurance, unlimited vacation
- 401K match
- Casual and flexible work environment in central San Francisco location (pre-COVID19) with easy access to public transportation
How to apply
Please submit your resume, a brief paragraph describing your interest, and a link to your LinkedIn profile
Our team and values
What we do