Details: Commensurate with experience.
8300 Earhart Blvd.
New Orleans, LA 70118
Job Summary: The Early Childhood Coach will provide practice based coaching and personalized support to teachers who work with young children ages birth to age 8; and will be responsible for conducting workshops on various early childhood development topics. As Agenda for Children expands its early childhood services, the Early Childhood Coach will be expected to work across programs by assuming additional responsibilities commensurate with his/her knowledge, experience and interests. The Early Childhood Coach’s assignment will be based on his/her prior work experience. Agenda’s current early childhood work includes Child Care Resource and Referral, the CDA program, Preschool Expansion Grant, the New Orleans Early Education Network and School Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide on-site technical assistance to early learning centers to help them make program improvements, including assisting programs in full implementation of GOLD by Teaching Strategies, full understanding of the domains and dimensions of CLASS, implementation of Tier I curricula, and the Louisiana Birth to Five Early Learning Standards
· Provide observation, evaluation, consultation, collaboration, modeling and coaching based on the Practice-Based Coaching Model, developed by the National Center on Quality Teaching and Learning (NCQTL)
· Develop collaborative partnerships with early learning programs, working together with them to achieve program goals
· Work with early childhood educators and leaders to develop action steps towards meeting their professional, classroom and program goals; and provide follow-up assessment and consultation
· Responsible for conducting group workshops at early learning centers and other locations on various early childhood topics with special emphasis on topics related to GOLD, CLASS, Tier 1 Curricula, and the Louisiana Birth to Five Early Learning Standards
· Work with colleagues to develop and provide regular professional development seminars for early childhood teachers and leaders employed by early learning centers and schools
· Develop new workshops, as needed
· Represent Agenda for Children at Early Childhood Community Network Lead Agency events
· Participate in ongoing professional development activities to enhance knowledge of child development, coaching facilitation, knowledge and skills, and use of technology to improve practice
· Maintain certification as a Pathways-certified trainer, reliable CLASS Observer (Pre-K and Toddler), and TS GOLD inter-rater reliability certification
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of child care licensing regulations, Louisiana’s unified rating and improvement system, the Child Development Associate credential, and the goals and expectations of funders
· Position requires a flexible schedule, including some evening and weekend work
· Associate’s Degree in the field of early childhood education, child development, or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Eligible for Pathways Trainer Certification, GOLD inter-rater reliability certification, and CLASS reliability certification
· Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of child development based on education, certification, and experience working directly with children in high-quality early care and education settings
· Competent in using computer technology and software
· Must hold a valid driver’s license, have reliable transportation and proof of insurance
· Must obtain a clear background check (right to review) from the Louisiana State Police
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications accepted until positions filled.
No phone calls please.