1557 Healdsburg Avenue
Corazón Healdsburg, a Sonoma County-based non-profit with a mission to bridge the racial and cultural divide in northern Sonoma County, is seeking a CEO with an entrepreneurial mindset to support the organization’s structure, communications, and capabilities to grow and scale this young organization. The ideal candidate will have experience in fundraising, business development, communications and operations, while working with an engaged board of directors.
The CEO will be responsible for fundraising, administration, business planning, marketing, and community engagement. The CEO will also be responsible for the long-term development plan and implementing the organization’s 5-year strategic plan, which will be developed in partnership with the Executive Director and Board of
Directors. This will entail developing and implementing a growth strategy for the future, organizing donor outreach efforts, grant writing and managing relationships with the organization's new and existing donors. The CEO will be a liaison and offer staff support to the Board of Directors (BOD).
The ideal candidate will have deep experience growing an organization, evaluating organization positioning and then setting forth quality improvement measures that enable all operational aspects to achieve both strategic and fundraising goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with BOD, implement an annual plan for fund development activities and major donor development, including a cash flow analysis that demonstrates appropriate cash flows that comfortably support stable operations,
- Execute the annual fundraising plan,
- Create and maintain a donor database,
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations,
- Be the primary staff person responsible for data entry and gift processing,
- Maintain ongoing relationships with major donors,
- Collaborate with BOD to achieve annual revenue goals through the following activities:
securing major gifts (individuals, corporate and foundations),
conducting annual campaigns (direct mail, end of year appeal, on-line
giving, corporate giving),
hosting successful fundraising event(s),
engaging the community in their own fundraising events (“a portion of
tonight’s proceeds go to Corazón”), and
identifying and securing grant opportunities to fund operations and
- Lead the organization in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the BOD,
- Attend all Board Meetings and attend committee meetings as appropriate,
- Assist the Board Chair with Board Mtg. preparation and planning, and
- Assist the Board Chair with member recruitment and retention to ensure member make-up is diverse in skill, geographic, ethnic, and gender attributes as well as passionate about supporting the mission of Corazón.
- Oversee and participate in the development and management of the organization’s budget with oversight from the Finance Chair of the BOD,
- Manage day-to-day organization financial function including but not limited to:
- donor thank you and tax letters facilitation,
- liaising with bookkeeper,
- assisting Finance Chair of the Board with the development of monthly
- financial reports,
- assisting with annual audit,
- assisting with the preparation and filing of the IRS form 990,
- mail collection,
- check and cash deposits and
- internal donation reporting.
- In collaboration with the Events Committee of the Board, be accountable for the successful execution of all fundraising (e.g. Event of the Heart) and major community events (e.g. Dia de los Muertos),
- Coordinate volunteers and BOD as needed for events, special projects and sub-committees, and
- Assist in processing and organizing event sponsorship and event-related donations.
Marketing/Communications/Public & Community Relations:
- Improve brand recognition and presence by refining and expanding all aspects of communication across all touch-points, especially in written documents, web, and stakeholder and external relations,
- Oversee development of all written materials and brand essence representing Corazón Healdsburg (grants, appeals, news articles, brochures, newsletters, annual report press announcements) in partnership with members of the BOD,
- Develop and nurture media contacts to promote the work of the organization to the community,
- Attend relevant community events and cultivate speaking opportunities in order to deepen local networks, engage new donors, and expand community presence, and
- Cultivate and nurture community partner relationships outside the scope of the resource center/program relationships to identify opportunities to further Corazón’s mission, and
- Provide whatever support necessary to deliver on our Health Action Partnership commitments.
- Responsible for all People Operations, including recruitment, engagement and retention of staff; HR administration; risk management; compliance; performance accountability; and training and leadership development.
- Responsible for the Human Resources function; ensuring policies, best practices, programs and processes are administered effectively and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations (e.g. background checks
- for daycare providers),
- Develop, implement and maintain Human Resources programs and processes that enable the organization to effectively attract, motivate, and retain high-performing employees,
- Mentor and contribute to the professional growth of other staff,
- Continuously evaluate existing Human Resources and administrative functional systems to maximize efficiency and meet the changing needs of the organization,
- Oversee and implement appropriate and sustainable compensation and benefits programs, and
- Review, negotiate, plan, and execute annual benefits renewals.
- In collaboration with the Board, create, maintain, and communicate Corazón’s mission.
- Ensure staff and the organization as a whole has the technology and database infrastructure needed to be effective and efficient; provide training and support as needed to insure the full adoption of technology solutions,
- Responsible for database maintenance and data integrity as well as the identification and generation of performance/outcome reports,
- Ensure organization has adequate insurance coverage and manage any claims processes that arise. This includes liability, property, D&O and worker’s compensation.
- Manage all rented facilities including addressing maintenance, repair, workplace safety and security issues. Oversee facilities changes/expansion projects.
- Working with outside counsel, verify or put in place all the relevant contracts, negotiate any new contracts, and ensure compliance and fulfillment of any reporting requirements, and
- Partner with the Executive Director to monitor and identify potential improvements to any of Corazón’s programs.
- Bachelors Degree in business, marketing, or non-profit administration,
- Minimum 2 years of development experience with demonstrated proficiency in securing major gifts, leading annual campaigns, and grant writing,
- Demonstrate at least 5 years of excellence in organizational management in a leadership position with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high performance teams (including volunteer groups), set and achieve strategic
- objectives, and manage a budget,
- Superlative written and verbal communication skills are required,
- A persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Spanish-language skills a major plus,
- Must be action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable and innovative in approach,
- Must be able to conduct program quality measures and data driven outcome program evaluations on staff, Board, Stakeholder and donor effectiveness (organizational ROI),
- Strong marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures to achieve revenue goals,
- Must exhibit passion, idealism, integrity, and a positive attitude; missiondriven, self-directed, and deep process knowledge of developing programs from concept to delivery and evaluation,
- Ability to interact well with Executive Level clientele,
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships with Board members, staff, volunteers, the general public, and donors,
- Commitment to professional ethics when working with highly confidential information,
- Detail oriented and organized,
- Ability to effectively utilize social media for marketing and fundraising efforts,
- Ability to lead multiple long- and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting all related deadlines with the ability to plan, coordinate, and manage their own work,
- Proven ability to work unsupervised and make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively,
- Extensive computer skills, including intermediate or higher level proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Drive and experience working with electronic donor tracking systems/databases,
- Proficient in the following: Microsoft Office Suite; G Suite; Internet Search; Social Media; Fundraising Database Management
- The ideal candidate will have experience with Salesforce
Complete health, vision, dental benefits will be offered.
Level of Language Proficiency
English, fluent written and verbal
Spanish, (not required but fluency would be considered a huge plus)
Minimum Education Required