Vivalon is looking for a hands-on, technology savvy individual to help support our program to provide delicious meals for Marin's homebound seniors and disabled. We currently need a full time Meals on Wheels Nutrition Program Coordinator. The Vivalon Meals on Wheels Coordinator contributes to the success of Vivalon’s home-delivered meal programs including Meals on Wheels and Nourish. This position provides administrative and operational support to the MOW Manager. Other duties include counting and packing meals, clean equipment, and facility. This position will cover an open route when needed.
- Count meals, pack meals for 20 routes.
- Greet volunteers and load bags in their vehicles.
- Make sure volunteers have their daily updates or handouts needed before start of routes.
- Collect, sort and put away meals from the ExtraFoods volunteers who bring food for the Nourish program.
- Clear and clean out refrigerator and freezer, clean and shine packing tables, spray and clean all packing bags and ice packs, sweep and mop entire packing room.
- Keep track of plastic bags.
- Clean in front of Meals on Wheels packing room including sweeping & garbage disposal.
- Serve as cover driver for MOW deliveries as needed (may include requests to drive afternoon as well as morning routes).
- Overseeing clerical tasks, such as updating weekly route sheets and printing out routes sheets for deliveries.
- Taking and delivering detailed messages.
- Update weekly google doc for volunteer delivery schedule.
- Update volunteer mileage and hours weekly.
- Keep in contact with County regarding holds, mis-deliveries, and deliveries on delivery days.
- Maintain all files are filed locked away in cabinet.
- Flexibility and the ability to prioritize new tasks as they come in.
- Valid California Driver License and a clear DMV report.
- Cell phone in working order.
- Ability to perform work according to established procedures.
- Access to reliable automobile, air conditioned and with current insurance certificate.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with clients, staff and volunteers.
- Ability to repeatedly lift and load containers weighing 35 to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read road maps and safely navigate a vehicle on a prescribed route with multiple delivery stops.
- May be required to pass a background check, pre-employment physical with drug screen.
Vivalon is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, sexual and or ethnic identity or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.