Details: Salary based on experience and language capacity.
6221 Geary Blvd Fl 3
Golden Gate Village (GGV) is a program of the San Francisco Richmond Senior Center. GGV is a community-based program dedicated to helping seniors and people living with disabilities to age safely in community, in the homes they love and neighborhoods they know. GGV provides resources to meet the practical as well as the social, cultural, and educational interest of seniors living in San Francisco's Richmond District neighborhood.
The Home Delivered Grocery (HDG) program is a partnership between the Richmond Senior Center (RSC) and the Richmond District Neighborhood Center (RDNC). HDG provides home-bound seniors and adults with disabilities with weekly grocery deliveries and regular connections with neighborhood volunteers.
The Program Director will lead the growth and development of Golden Gate Village and the Home Delivered Grocery partnership, focusing on establishing new services, recruiting and training volunteers and cultivating partnership opportunities. The Program Director will provide strategic leadership, community advocacy and collaboration; program performance; coordinate service deliveries; create data tracking methods for monthly and annual reports and manage social media and website updates. The right candidate will effectively collaborate and share collective insights with advisory members, build community connections and achieve program deliverables specified in Department of Aging and Adult Services (DAAS) contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Establish, improve or maintain successful and engaging program services for membership, utilizing ties to local businesses and acting in sync with member input
• Recruit, train and manage a cohesive volunteer team comprised of local residents and employee groups, helping them implement outreach strategies and establishing supportive relationships with local businesses and agencies.
• Cultivate a Golden Gate Village Panel to ensure GGV programs and services are reflective of the community needs and interest
• Respond to members' requests for information and assistance: make appointments, arrange for services, provide direct service when necessary and provide solutions to problems; triage service requests to volunteers or providers, as appropriate
• Utilize Club Express database and other data tools to manage membership, volunteers, vetted providers, service requests from members and member satisfaction/quality control OR identify and establish better system of tracking such data
• Build upon or revamp contacts database, including distribution/mail lists, membership enrollment, services and member needs, vetted providers and volunteers
• process for providers and volunteers
• Oversee the development of a volunteer manual and establish and support volunteer training and recognition programs
• Devise regular reporting system outlining outcome objectives, milestones, achievements and iterations.
• Work on marketing projects as needed, including the creation of the quarterly newsletter and website content
• Design and implement Community Bridges social activities in conjunction with other staff
• BA in Gerontology, Human Services, Social Work preferred; equivalent work experience with seniors and/or volunteers accepted
• Computer competence and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
• 5+ years of work related to the field of gerontology, human services, social work or aging services. Individuals who have retired and are seeking an encore career are strongly encouraged to apply
• Multi-tasking, analytical and problem-solving skills required
• Experience in business administration, program development and evaluation, and non-profit community organizations a plus
• Positive, flexible, energetic person with excellent communication, organizational and negotiating skills
• Passionate, engaged and compelled by a desire to make a difference in a genuinely delightful community
Salary: Competitive based on experience. Health and Dental benefits.
* Bilingual pay differential available for Cantonese & English
Hours: Full Time Exempt 40 hours (Evening and occasional weekend work required)
TO APPLY: Please submit the following:
1. A thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications.
2. Your resume attached in PDF format
Health and Dental provided.
Level of Language Proficiency
English, Cantonese & Mandarin ideal but not required. Pay differential offered for Cantonese & Mandarin.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates with experience should provide a thoughtful cover letter with resume in pdf format.