Details: Salary range starts at $49,982. Human Rights Watch offers comprehensive employer-paid benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, an outstanding retirement savings plan and twenty (20) days of vacation per year.
FULL-TIME JOB VACANCY
New York Office
Application Deadline: August 17, 2018
The Finance Division of Human Rights Watch (HRW) is seeking a Revenue Coordinator to provide support to the team. The Finance Division, part of the Operations Department, is led by the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for providing financial management and maintaining the fiscal integrity of HRW. This full-time position is based in New York and reports to the Budget Director.
1. Serve as the Finance liaison to Development Operations and Foundations/Leadership Gifts staff on monthly revenue processing and global gift entry;
2. Assist the Global Controller in the reconciliation of the organization’s main bank account and the preparation of the annual audit;
3. Extract revenue data from the donor database, code to proper accounts, and upload to the accounting database while ensuring that gift designations and awards breakdowns are properly entered and reconciled in both fundraising and accounting databases;
4. Reconcile major donor income-tracking projections with actual gifts received in conjunction with Development staff;
5. Update and maintain restricted fund schedules;
6. Assist in grant management and awards process by working with Finance staff to allocate revenue to the proper funds and projects;
7. Produce monthly revenue reports from the fundraising and accounting databases;
8. Create custom income analysis and Development expense reports for internal and Board presentations;
9. Manage benefits suspense account and monthly allocation of benefits expenses across organization’s divisions; and
10. Perform additional tasks as may be required.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or a related field is required.
Experience: A minimum of two years of basic accounting and revenue reconciliation experience is required and prior experience working in nonprofit/NGO finance is highly desirable.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
1. Self-motivation and the ability to work independently as well as function as a member of a team with staff in multiple locations are required.
2. Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize tasks while maintaining a strong attention to detail are required.
3. Strong interpersonal skills, including patience and a sense of humor, as well as the ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks are required.
4. Strong oral and written communications skills in English are required.
5. Strong analytical skills and creative problem-solving skills are required.
6. Ability to make sound decisions consistent with functions is required.
7. Strong computer knowledge, including advanced ability with Microsoft Excel and a highly-developed understanding of spreadsheet and database systems, is required.
8. Experience with NetSuite financial accounting system and Raiser’s Edge fundraising database is desirable.
Human Rights Watch is strong because it is diverse. We do not discriminate in hiring practices and actively seek a diverse applicant pool. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, sexual orientations, and those with criminal records to apply. We welcome all kinds of diversity. Our employees include people who are parents and nonparents, the self-taught and university educated, and from a wide span of socio-economic backgrounds and perspectives on the world. Human Rights Watch is an equal opportunity employer.
Human Rights Watch is an international human rights monitoring and advocacy organization known for its in-depth investigations, its incisive and timely reporting, its innovative and high-profile advocacy campaigns, and its success in changing the human rights-related policies and practices of influential governments and international institutions.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Please apply immediately by visiting our online job portal at https://bit.ly/2LvIH9K and attaching a cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample (unedited by others). No calls or email inquiries, please. Only complete applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application submission, please email email@example.com. Due to the large response, application submissions via email will not be accepted and inquiries regarding the status of applications will go unanswered.