Full Time Temporary
REAL VOTER VOICES PROJECT OPERATIONS MANAGER
Full-time • June 15- November 30, 2018 • Competitive pay • Excellent benefits
Work from anywhere in the continental U.S.
In this year’s election, MoveOn will mobilize to take back our government and create a nation where all can thrive—one marked by justice, sustainability, economic security, peace, and mutual care. We’ll do it by activating a grassroots wave and by running an innovative digital persuasion effort on a nationwide scale.
Since the 2016 election, MoveOn has developed and piloted a powerful new breakthrough in digital persuasion that we’re planning to take to scale across dozens of U.S. House races, as well as Senate and other statewide races in the fall general election.
Our approach combines authentic messages and grassroots messengers to reach voters directly. We combine these personal videos with detailed, rigorous analytics to find and target voters who can be persuaded to vote in favor of our endorsed candidates. Through our work in 2016 and 2017, we’ve seen the potential to move thousands of individual voters, enough to have a real impact on an election. Now we’re aiming to scale this work across the country.
MoveOn is seeking a dynamic and talented Operations Manager to manage compliance, reporting, and day-to-day logistical support for our independent-expenditure digital persuasion program.
The Real Voter Voices Project Operations Manager reports to the Director of Analytics and works closely with MoveOn’s Director of Finance and Operations and national elections teams, as well as with an outside compliance vendor and MoveOn’s primary law firm.
The right person for this role will be a creative leader and management professional with an entrepreneurial streak and a commitment to progressive values. Previous experience with campaign management, elections reporting, and financial leadership is preferred.
- Provide operations support for MoveOn campaign activities and retreats as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Compliance and reporting
- Daily tracking of MoveOn spending on federal election races
- Collaborate with MoveOn’s attorneys and compliance vendors to ensure that all required election reporting is completed in a thorough and timely fashion
- Monitor and maintain daily calendar of election reporting deadlines and ensure that all relevant MoveOn staff and vendors produce the information needed to meet those deadlines
- Ensure that all vendor agreements are approved and executed by the appropriate staff and signatories
Skills, characteristics, and values
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to generate respect and trust from colleagues and external constituents
- Top-notch project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to tackle urgent and complex problems with a collaborative, creative, and strategic approach
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of collaboration, flexibility, and good cheer
- Strong skills in Excel and Google sheets
- Able to quickly master software systems for finance and administration
- Self-directed, motivated, and able to execute independently at a high level
- Deep experience working with diverse constituencies, and a commitment to serving the diversity of MoveOn’s staff, membership, and supporters
- Ability to thrive in an organization whose staff work remotely, and to communicate well on video conference calls, Slack, and email
- Strong integrity, humility, and discretion that match our culture
Location: Position can be based anywhere in the continental U.S. May require occasional travel.
Salary and benefits: Full-time; highly competitive salary, including benefits such as 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 13.32 hours accrued vacation per month, 6.66 hours accrued sick leave per month, floating holidays and all-staff holidays; reimbursement of home office expenses.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Apply ASAP https://grnh.se/4fqaucfi1