Clay Pots, a community center in Southwest Baltimore, is seeking a compassionate and determined individual to serve as our next Executive Director. As a community-focused center for personal growth, Clay Pots facilitates a variety of educational, artistic, and social programs and events, relying on both volunteers and paid staff. The organization secures funding through grant writing and by cultivating relationships with individual donors. At the core of our work is the belief that every human life is inherently valuable and deserves safety, love, and fulfillment.
The tasks of the Executive Director position include:
· Oversight of existing programming and implementation of new programming
· Recruitment and Management of both Volunteers and Paid Staff
· Pursuit of Funding via fundraising events, grant writing, media engagement, and donor outreach
· Budget Preparation and Oversight
· Administration of Payroll
· Building and Facilities Management
· Regular Reporting to the Board of Directors, especially at monthly Board Meetings
The ideal candidate:
· Is motivated by compassion for their fellow human beings
· Desires to foster safe spaces for personal growth of all kinds
· Understands the historical and contemporary role of systemic racism in shaping our communities and American society at large
· Values authenticity of character, in both herself and others
· Has experience with personnel management
· Has experience with fundraising and donor engagement
· Has experience with grant writing
· Is familiar with community needs and services available in Baltimore
· Education – Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field – with Master’s preferred. A candidate without higher education will be considered only with at least 12 years of relevant work experience at a comparable non-profit.
· Work Experience – Minimum 2 years’ experience in management, non-profit preferred
· Computer Proficiency – email and word processing with basic use of spreadsheets and presentation software. Advanced users welcome!
The salary range for this position is $50-60k for full time work. The position will start at three-quarters time with the possibility of increasing to full time over the course of the first year. The position is also eligible for a health insurance benefit.
Applicants should submit their resume, cover letter, and any relevant writing samples (especially grant proposals) to: email@example.com. Deadline for submission: August 1, 2021
Clay Pots… A Place to Grow is a non-profit (501c3) organization located in Southwest Baltimore that provides a safe place for people in the neighborhood and beyond to explore their inner selves in a holistic manner. Education, art, emotional well-being, and/or physiological needs are all parts of the inner growth that helps to sustain life and the neighborhood. The goal of the center is to provide a wide range of opportunities for people to find inner nourishment, whether by attending classes, learning to use a computer, or sharing their thoughts over a cup of coffee. Inner harmony brings health and wholeness to individuals and to the community.
Clay Pots, a community center in Southwest Baltimore, is seeking a compassionate and determined individual to serve as our next Executive Director. As a community-focused center for personal growth, Clay Pots facilitates a variety of…