The Service Employees International Union Local 32BJ (“32BJ”) is looking for seasoned researchers that have experience in the labor movement, community organizing, journalism or political work, to support the Union’s internal and external organizing campaigns.
32BJ’s Research Department plays a vital role in the Union’s new organizing campaigns by conducting corporate research and developing and implementing strategies and tactics to advance campaign goals. Work includes tracking industry trends and key industry players, performing company and individual research. We currently have a vacancy for a Research Analyst in our Miami office.
- 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience;
- Strong commitment to progressive social change and activist/labor movement experience;
- Solid technical research skills and ability to apply research to development of strategic organizing campaigns;
- Familiarity with corporate research, financial analysis, employment law or investigative journalism;
- Experience with a variety of computer-based research tools and good quantitative skills;
- Excellent writing ability;
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and in a team environment.
Fluency in Spanish and/or Haitian Creole is a plus.
32BJ offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes employer-paid medical and dental plans for full-time staff and their qualified dependents.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and letter of interest, and a brief writing sample to: HR@seiu32bj.org. Please use “FL Research” in the Subject line of your email.