132 East 78th Street
The Communications Manager supports the Communications Department, primarily with writing, website, publications, online calendar, photography and social media. This position reports to the Director of Communications.
The Allen-Stevenson School is an independent school for boys in New York City, serving 420 boys, grades Kindergarten through Grade 9.
Allen-Stevenson’s distinctive ”enlightened traditional” approach educates boys to become scholars and gentlemen. In the belief that there are many ways to be a boy, the School offers an ongoing commitment to each student and uses the best insights and tools available to understand him as a whole person. We inspire in each boy an appreciation of responsible citizenship and a lifelong love of learning.
· Assist with social media for the School -- Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
· Assist in photography of daily classroom activities, events and steps of the Building Project, as well as some special events in the evenings
· Create and maintain content for the website
· Manage the online Master Calendar for the school year excluding sports
• Seek out, write and archive news stories for the website
• Draft and edit pushpages/emails to constituent groups
• Manage content for weekly e-newsletter, ASpect
· Co-teach Upper School Yearbook Elective and assist with content and completion of the Yearbook
· Assist in production of the bi-annual magazine, Lamplighter, including writing and editing articles for the publication
· Create and provide support for online registrations for numerous events and programs, including Alligator Soup, Admissions, Summer Camp, and PA Events
· Liaise with Registrar on database integration
· Manage Communications Department archives
A successful candidate will also possess the following characteristics and experiences:
· Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and relationship building skills;
· Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work well independently;
· Proven strong writing and editorial skills with an ability to produce materials quickly and in a variety of styles;
· Experience in website content management, messaging and social media;
· Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks;
· Resourceful and attentive to detail and accuracy; and
· Experience in photographing events.
The Allen-Stevenson School actively seeks to forward diversity goals through its process of hiring faculty and staff.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit The Allen-Stevenson School website at www.allen-stevenson.org for additional information. To explore this opportunity, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position.