High School English Special Education Teacher (2018-2019)
- Job posted by Brooklyn Prospect Charter School
3002 Fort Hamilton Parkway
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is seeking a collaborative, organized and mission-driven English Special EducationTeacher to join our High School Team!
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is a K-12 college preparatory community where excellent teachers prepare a diverse student body to have a positive impact on society and a lifelong passion for learning.
Our Core Values are:
- Curiosity: Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically
- Respect: Value others by taking a local and global perspective and appreciating differences
- Persistence: Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity
- Passion: Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self assurance
As part of the Brooklyn Prospect Team, you will enjoy a full time position with a competitive salary, full medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) with employer match as well as working in a supportive and collaborative environment.
We are a growing organization and opportunities for development and success are readily available.
Check out our most recent updates: BPCS News
About the Role:
Reporting to the Student Support Services Department Head, you will help keep the academic and personal success of our students as a core focus, while striving to grow professionally and support a positive school community.
As an English Special Education Teacher, your initiatives include:
- Plan and teach 4 sections of High School English
- Collaborate with co-teacher on modifying and differentiating lesson activities and assessments for individual groups of learners, some of whom are students with disabilities.
- Work to develop students’ college readiness skill and IB learner traits as a year long advisor of 12-15 students
- Attend all after school meetings and professional development
**The critical features of this role are described above but not all encompassing.
For more information about the IB program please visit:BPCS-IB Program
About the Benefits:
- Salary is competitive with the NYC DOE
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) with employer match
Level of Language Proficiency
- A minimum of bachelor’s (BA/BS) in a related field; A master’s and above, is preferable
- Current and valid New York State Teaching License
- Experience teaching High School English Inquiry-driven pedagogical approach is a plus
- Experience working with students with disabilities and/or the Integrated Co-Teaching (ICT) model preferred
- Experience writing IEPs preferred
- Experience with the IB Middle Years Program (MYP) and/or Diploma Program (DP) is a plus.
- Experience with the Common Core ELA Regents exam is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Join our Team:
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including how you learned about the position, and the position for which you are applying.
Applications are reviewed as they are received. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we will only notify those who meet our selection criteria.
Brooklyn Prospect is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds.