An outspoken funder of innovative and community-led programs, the Elton John AIDS Foundation (EJAF) has played a significant role in the fight against the epidemic for more than twenty-five years. The Development Associate will join EJAF’s New York-based staff at an exciting moment of strategic growth, in anticipation of deepened collaboration with the organization’s London-based staff as well as the global pursuit of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
In collaboration with New York- and London-based staff, the Development Associate will provide critical support for EJAF’s global fundraising activities, including event production; cause marketing; and the solicitation of large- and small-scale donations from individuals, foundations, and corporate sponsors.
In particular, the Development Associate will:
- Support the Executive Director and as needed members of the Board to identify, cultivate and maintain relationships with EJAF donors through ongoing communication about fundraising events, campaigns, and similar opportunities;
- In collaboration with key consultants and the Executive Director, guide the production of fundraising events, coordination, invitation and guest management, promotion, and the development of collateral materials;
- Guide the production of campaigns, annual appeals, and other non-event fundraising activities;
- Assist in the development of communications initiatives and online content, with a team of consultants, especially when addressed to donors;
- Travel for team meetings and fundraising engagements, when necessary;
- Manage cultivation and stewardship program including acknowledgment letters, donor recordkeeping, reporting and help maintain a database of related records;
- Maintain an archive of print and digital fundraising collateral;
- Work with Administrative Assistant, key staff, and consultants to maintain EJAF’s fundraising data systems and ensure that all donor and fundraising records are current and accurate.
The ideal candidate is:
- Based in New York City and possesses two years of fundraising experience, working to secure gifts of all sizes, in a fast-paced, nonprofit environment;
- Able to and knowledgably and effectively advocate for issues pertaining to the field of HIV/AIDS, including, human rights, racial justice, reproductive and sexual health, LGBT issues, drug policy, harm reduction and other matters of social justice related to EJAF’s’ global grant-making program;
- Attentive to detail and able to manage multiple deadlines and projects;
- A proficient writer and speaker possessing the ability to variously engage colleagues, donors, consultants, and vendors;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook, and DonorPerfect or comparable software;
- Personable, motivated, and an excellent communicator who is responsive to deadlines and willing to troubleshoot on the fly.
This is a full-time position based out of EJAF’s offices in Manhattan for which a commitment of forty hours per week is required. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary is commensurate with experience. Compensation includes a generous benefits package. EJAF is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law. For more information, visit: www.ejaf.org. No calls, please.
Minimum Education Required