Northwest Regional Primary Care Association is a membership association of community and migrant health centers (CHCs) in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington. NWRPCA's mission is to strengthen community and migrant health centers in the Northwest by leveraging regional power and resources on their behalf. With the support of NWRPCA, our community health centers will be exemplary professional homes for their staffs and serve their communities well.
The Clinical Workforce Program Specialist implements and manages projects supporting NWRPCA’s strategic initiatives. The position develops training and technical assistance resources and fosters partnerships that support CHC workforce planning (for current and future workforce) in myriad ways, including: health professions pathways, recruitment and retention, clinical support, human resources support, and other matters relevant to the CHC workforce. This is a highly visible position that works collaboratively with NWRPCA staff as well as external partners and stakeholders. We are seeking someone who is highly organized, flexible and adaptable to ever changing requests, and has a diverse background in health care settings (both clinical and administrative/operations), preferably with CHC experience.
Problem-solving, analyzing work processes and outcomes, demonstrating creativity and innovation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identify key workforce-related needs and trends among Region X CHCs and provide recommendations to senior leadership regarding NWRPCA’s workforce-related programs and activities for inclusion in the strategic plan and Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) work plan.
2. Identify effective strategies for recruitment and retention of CHC staff and promote strategies through appropriate NWRPCA vehicles, including Education & Training and Marketing.
3. Develop and coordinate clinician support and professional development activities, including team-based care, clinical quality measures, care coordination and population health management.
4. Provide strategic support and guidance to select health professions pathways initiatives, including A.T. Still University School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (NWRPCA Portland-based campus), Education Health Center Initiative, and related CHC career pathways activities.
5. Serve as NWRPCA’s subject matter expert on key workforce and clinical initiatives, including clinical topics relevant to CHCs, recruitment and retention, and human resources issues.
6. Develop training sessions and activities for NWRPCA conferences in the areas of workforce, human resources and clinical topics.
7. Work in partnership with Region X state Primary Care Associations to support the development and implementation of a comprehensive workforce plan for the region’s CHCs.
8. Plan implementation of projects, monitor and track progress, and keep stakeholders informed the entire way.
9. Identify trends in clinical quality measures and provide recommendations for ways NWRPCA can best support CHCs in the region to improve in select quality measures.
10. Stay abreast of recent trends and developments in CHC workforce and the health care field more broadly.
11. Coordinate with the Director of Strategic Initiatives and Development Specialist in developing partnerships and grant applications related to workforce and clinical initiatives.
12. Perform other duties as required.
1. At least 5 years of project management experience in a health care setting.
2. Degree in health care field such as nursing or social services with at least 2 years of experience working as a licensed clinician (e.g. RN, LCSW).
3. Ability to interact and work with multi-disciplinary teams including front-line operations, physicians, management, and human resources staff.
4. Knowledge of business processes, quality improvement, systems thinking, and data analysis.
5. Knowledge of clinical quality measures, team-based care and population health management principles.
6. Experience working with coalitions and/or community-based non-profit organizations serving diverse populations.
7. Advanced computer skills with experience utilizing electronic health records and analytical tools.
8. Demonstrated effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
9. Proven negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
10. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven track record of producing high-quality written materials and oral presentations.
11. Ability to travel locally, regionally, and nationally.
1. Advanced clinical degree such as NP or PA.
2. Experience working in community health center setting.
3. Knowledge of health care industry trends, such as value-based care, telehealth, and integrated services.
4. Knowledge of workforce related policy issues affecting CHCs.
1. Most time spent sitting, with up to one-third (1/3) of time walking or standing. There are no restrictions on ability to interrupt periods of sitting.
2. Manual dexterity required for typing, filing, etc.
3. Minimal lifting.
4. Vision requirements as appropriate for working on computer and with typed and handwritten materials.
5. Ability to drive / travel to meetings in a variety of locations statewide; e.g., CHCs, conferences, etc., many out-of- state and some national meetings; to travel up to 10% for site visits, preparatory meetings, and event implementation.
NWRPCA is working remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
Northwest Regional Primary Care Association is a membership association of community and migrant health centers (CHCs) in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington. NWRPCA's mission is to strengthen community and migrant health centers in the…
NWRPCA offers generous paid time off, and company paid dental, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurances. A flexible spending account or health savings account is available. Health insurance coverage is available as well as supplemental insurance and a 403b retirement account.
NWRPCA offers generous paid time off, and company paid dental, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurances. A flexible spending account or health savings account…