1991 2nd Avenue
DREAM formerly known as Harlem RBI), an innovative educational and youth development organization, is seeking a talented and energetic individual to join the Information Technology team as a Information Technology Manager. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing a LAN, WAN, and Helpdesk team according to best practices, while nurturing positive relationships with staff and leadership. They will be work with the IT Director to ensure that the IT infrastructure team is efficient, effective, and can adapt to changing circumstances.
- Support all aspects of the IT Infrastructure, Including WLAN, LAN, WAN, Helpdesk Team
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, and anticipating organizational requirements
- Complete projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments
- Troubleshoot and resolve user issues relative to IT software and hardware in a timely manner, including documentation of the supported components and procedures
- Oversee the development and administration of help desk training procedures and policies
- Maintain full coverage for helpdesk duties to ensure organizational IT needs are met
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ensure IT infrastructure health by monitoring, tracking, and reporting on critical IT resources
- Participate in all IT and security audits, hardware and software evaluations, and maintain vendor relations
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Proven working experience as an IT manager with ability to manage personnel
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and work well with all levels within an organization specifically within the culture and processes used in educational organizations.
- Experience supporting educational technology needs for hardware and software in a youth-facing environment, including SmartBoards, document cameras, sound systems, projectors, etc.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, including setup and operational knowledge of Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and Chrome operating systems
- Experience setting up, configuring, and managing network components, including firewalls, routers, switches, and wireless access points
- Strong understanding and experience working with MS Active Directory, group policies, security groups, and network logon scripting
- Expertise in managing Virtualization platforms, including Hyper-V, VMWare
- Strong proficiency managing Mac OS X environment with JAMF software suite
- Strong proficiency supporting Google Suite environment, including Chromebook management, classroom, users, listservs, google drive, and other google apps
- Highly organized with strong project management skills, and drive to meet organizational and departmental objectives
- Excellent communication skills orally and in writing, ability to present clear, precise and accurate reports and documentation
- Knowledge of student data systems (i.e. Illuminate, PowerSchool), a strong plus.
- Proven ability to negotiate and work with vendors and consultants, contract negotiations, creating RFP's, and ensuring SLA's are met
- High energy, passion, and dedication to the organizational mission and values
- Customer service oriented approach to support
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling; occasional lifting up to 50 pounds; prolonged use of computer and repetitive hand motions
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor Degree or higher and 5+ years of experience in an IT related field or
- Associate Degree and 7+ years of experience in an IT related field or
- High School Degree or equivalent and 9+ years of experience in an IT related field or
Hours: Monday through Friday, generally 9:00am – 5:00PM Some evening and/or weekend work may be required periodically.
Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(B) retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
Minimum Education Required