215 Park Avenue South
Point Source Youth
Point Source Youth is a growing national non-profit dedicated to ending youth homelessness in 50 cities and towns in 10 years. We help advocate for, implement, and evaluate proven, scalable, and replicable youth homelessness interventions – family & kinship strengthening, short-term host homes, and rapid re-housing – to increase housing options for youth. We are currently working in Baltimore, Detroit, Los Angeles, Louisville, Durham, New York City, Oakland, San Jose, Santa Cruz, and San Francisco, and adding new locations regularly.
Our annual National Symposium on Solutions to End Youth Homelessness in NYC is the largest homeless youth conference in the country. In 2019, our Third National Symposium on Solutions to End Youth Homelessness will bring over 700 youth homeless leaders together over three days with 200 speakers. You can learn more about the Symposium here https://www.pointsourceyouth.org/nationalsymposium/
The Associate Director, Conferences and Events postion, working out of our NYC headquarters, requires strong event planning experience, a demonstrated commitment to social justice, experience with creative and effective event- based communications, well as a proactive, flexible, and entrepreneurial mindset suited to a dynamic organization that is experiencing rapid growth and transformation.
Working with the Executive Director, the Associate Director, Conferences and Events will also work to expand our events to include regional conferences, local events, and fundraisers.
The Associate Director, Conferences and Events is a full- time position responsible for ensuring that all Point Source Youth conferences and events are executed in partnership with youth, and in service of our mission.
Core responsibilities include:
· Leading collaboration with over 100 event sponsors and community partners
· Working with 25+ youth with lived experience in co-event planning, staffing, and execution
· Leading all communications with over 200 event speakers
· Leading all event communications including email and social media campaigns
· Producing the day-to-day of the event, including ensuring the event timeline and run of show are flawlessly executed
· Responsibility for an intersectional event that lifts up and celebrates folks of color, gender non-conforming, and trans-youth as well as the broader LGBTQ community
· Ensuring that Point Source Youth remains at the forefront of events in this space
· Using event evaluations to continuously improve structure, flow, and success for future Point Source gatherings.
· Management and ownership of the event budget
· Management and ownership of the revenue, including registrations and sponsorship
· Responsibility for growing sponsorship revenue
· Responsibility for securing top event talent
· Producing event set-design, catering, and logistics, including design of our web series
Travel to current and potential Point Source Youth community locations, as well as conferences and convenings, is expected. Travel will include support for regional conference expansion and local bootcamps.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
Point Source Youth seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at Point Source Youth are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We strongly encourage people of color, people of diverse gender identities, women, and people with lived experiences of homelessness to apply.
Salary is commensurate with experience with a strong benefits package including medical, dental, and vision.
Minimum Education Required