1111 19th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Who we are:
Opportunity@Work is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to expand access to career opportunities so that all Americans can work, learn, and earn to their full potential in a dynamic economy. Our work is anchored by three pillars: transforming hiring practices, expanding learning pathways, and pioneering talent financing.
About the Role:
The Customer Success team at Opportunity@Work is responsible for the customer journey and success for employers , job seekers, training providers and volunteers as they use Opportunity@Work solutions for skills-based hiring. As a key member of this team, the Customer Success Manager - Student Success will own the success of individuals served by training solutions from Opportunity@Work partners and innovative financing mechanisms enabling talent to acquire skills on the path of getting placed into career-path jobs. Success in the role will be measured by candidate experience and graduation & placement success metrics.
- Support students throughout their learning experience and post-graduation to ensure each and every student meets their goals of 1) completion of training & 2) employment
- Embrace strategic relationships with students to encourage proactive feedback and sculpt an outstanding customer experience translating feedback to drive students hitting learning goals
- Develop and implement data driven systems to identify "at risk" students, associated intervention strategies, and methods for continuous assessment and improvement of support systems/strategies/resources
- Coordinate delivery of support services to students and graduates during learning, job search, and post-placement
- Work with candidates to identify the best job match and manage priorities efficiently
- Work with employers to identify best candidate match
- Develop resources for candidates on offer analysis, negotiating techniques, and successfully navigating career transitions
- Results driven mindset and an outstanding track record in customer success supporting programs geared toward adult students. Experience with accelerated learning pathways (e.g. coding bootcamps) are preferred
- Experienced in defining and tracking success metrics across a customer journey
- Good technical and problem solving skills coupled with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems
- Creative and process-driven, with experience in setting up processes from the ground-up
- Entrepreneurial: thrives in a fast-paced environment and can take initiative to push forward even when there is ambiguity,
- Operational: can explore new concepts and ideas and translate these into operations to drive execution
- Experience managing a team (internal and external) to drive towards a shared goal - including developing work plans, aligning resources against the plan and overseeing the execution of the plan to successful completion and outcome
- Working knowledge of CRMs (Salesforce), project management, and communication and support (Intercom, Slack) tools
- Can own new projects, work across multiple teams, and manage yourself efficiently.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and short cover letter in PDF by email to email@example.com.
- In your cover letter, please include an answer to why you believe that you would be a good fit for this role in our organization (e.g., your strengths and major contributions that best describe your abilities).
- Subject Line should read “Customer Success Manager - Student Success”.
- We value past demonstrations of skill above all else. If possible, include samples of previous work (full descriptions of relevant past projects are also highly valued as demonstrations of experience).
We will only review complete applications!
You may also mail your application to:
1111 19th Street NW, Suite 1180
Washington, DC 20036
Attn: HR Generalist
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
Opportunity@Work is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.