287 Columbus Avenue
City Year is a dynamic education-focused non-profit organization. Every day we are helping students and schools succeed. We partner with schools in high need communities to help meet the holistic needs of all students. The City Year Business Systems team is responsible for building and supporting the systems used to run and grow this dynamic business. We focus on high-impact, cross-functional projects that improve our most important metrics or fundamentally change the way we operate. The end goal being to create an IT environment that helps our Corp Members to assist our Children, Schools and Communities in the best fashion possible.
In this role you will collaborate with systems owners, users and business leaders to continuously improve our business processes and the systems that underpin them. You will join a small team chartered with enabling our systems to be as intuitive, delightful, automated and resilient as our users expect them to be. By systems, we’re referring to out Constituent Relationship Management Platform and the tools used to run our operations such as Lead Management for Corp Recruitment, Opportunity Management for our Partnerships with schools and districts, Fundraising and others, as well as the tools that help City Year employees and Corp Members do their work.
A few of the key third-party Cloud/SaaS tools we utilize today include Workday (recruiting applicant tracking), Workday (Human Resources Information), Workday Financials, Okta (single sign-on) and Salesforce (Fundraising, Recruitment, Admissions and Intervention Tracking). We use the best third-party tools on the market.
- Become a knowledge leader on all things Salesforce
- Plan, coordinate and communicate to deliver impactful cross-team projects
- Analyze problems to find the best available solutions
- Translate business requirements into system designs
- Configure, test and implement customized solutions on our third-party applications
- Spec, build and monitor systems designs
- Evaluate potential new vendors
- Relentlessly focus on quality – quality data, performance, user experience, etc.
- Obsess over data and data models
- Operate under pressure – it comes with the territory when you’re in the idle of every major strategic initiative we have
- You will jump at the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues on projects
- Allow you to take full ownership of a platform
- Provide training on the latest platform technologies
- Make critical decisions regarding the platform
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or equivalent IT experience
- Three to five years Salesforce experience, Administrator Certified a plus
- Ability to translate technical specifications into customer/business requirements.
- Experience in PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle, SalesForce, NetSuite, Taleo, or other Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- Experience with NGOconnect a plus
- Experience troubleshooting and finding multiple solutions to a complex problem.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience working within both a team environment and independently.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to synthesize and interpret technical data.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.