Healthy@Home Supervisor (LCSW/LMSW/LMHC)
- Job posted by New Alternatives for Children of New York City
37 West 26th Street, 7th floor
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexities, disabilities, chronic illnesses and behavioral challenges. The Healthy @ Home Program is a comprehensive and multifaceted program that is designed to improve access to health, mental health and social services to families caring for children and youth with complex medical conditions. To assist in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a Supervisor to join its Healthy@Home Program.
The Healthy@Home Supervisor will provide clinical and administrative supervision and professional leadership to a team of master’s level social workers and mental health counselors at our Bronx site. The ideal candidate will be strength-based, trauma-informed, culturally competent and committed to family preservation and resilience. This position offers a highly rewarding opportunity to coach and support staff in developing strong relationships with at-risk families, families caring for children with complex medical conditions and an exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative multidisciplinary team composed of pediatricians, nurses, psychiatrists, psychologists, clinicians, education and recreation specialists, and more!
Description of Responsibilities:
- Provide clinical and casework supervision for 4 master’s level social workers/mental health counselors and a case aide.
- Accompany social workers into the field for intakes and other visits as needed.
- Ensure that progress notes, psychosocial assessments, and case reviews are timely, complete, and in compliance with program and NAC requirements.
- Participate in multidisciplinary case reviews, family meetings, hospital discharge meetings, school meetings and the like.
- Participate in community outreach at hospitals, community specialty clinics, community based agencies, and more.
- Review potential referrals and communicate with referral sources to identify families for services.
- Monitor and ensure staff training and development.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with medical providers, acute and pediatric skilled nursing facilities, ACS, other referral sources, and community resources and providers.
- Audit preparation and response.
- Participate in weekly Management Team Meetings and monthly Clinical and Departmental Meetings.
- Work collaboratively with psychiatrists, psychologists, pediatricians, nurses, education specialists and fellow social workers in a dynamic, strength-based interdisciplinary team model.
Required Education and Experience:
- LCSW, LMSW or LMHC from an accredited school required
- Supervisory experience with master’s level social workers/mental health counselors and/or students
- Prior experience in child welfare or hospital is preferred
- Knowledge of city-wide community resources and housing and entitlement systems a plus
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferred (and includes a salary differential)
How to Apply:
Please indicate "Healthy@Home Supervisor" in the subject line when applying. Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Mary Ann Code
Human Resources Department
New Alternatives for Children
37 West 26th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10010
For more information on New Alternatives for Children, Inc., visit our website at www.nackidscan.org
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion.
Minimum Education Required