12100 Wilshire Blvd
Program Officer/Parent Engagement
The Cotsen Foundation for the ART of TEACHING, a California tax-exempt private foundation, seeks to transform good teachers into great teachers. This transformation occurs through a program in which proven educators receive coaching and mentoring to achieve the highest levels of teaching excellence. Currently, 174 teachers in 24 elementary schools from across 11 Southern California districts comprise the 2018 ART of TEACHING cohorts. The foundation now has more than 1,000 alumni, and continues to expand its growth and funding to intensify the role that Cotsen plays in supporting excellence in teaching and learning in Southern California elementary classrooms.
The Program Officer/Parent Engagement is responsible for supporting the Associate Director in planning, organizing and implementing professional development activities for mentors, fellows and alumni, and serves as a mentor-liaison. In addition, the program officer will be responsible for the development and implementation of Cotsen-sponsored parent engagement activities and events across multiple schools and districts. This is an exempt, full-time position. Work hours are from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
· Updates supervisor on the liaison’s cohorts, and provides support and suggestions for subsequent planning
· Visits, responds to, and offers feedback to mentors as needed
; , including reviewing and tracking of the fellows’ initial professional growth targets, mid-year revisions, end-of-year reports, and the weekly mentor logs
· Participates in teaching observations and interviews for the purposes of identifying potential schools for the fellowship and yearly selection of new mentors and fellows
· Reviews and evaluates teacher lesson observation tapes at the beginning and end of each school year in a timely manner
· Media permission form coordination
· Coordinates parent engagement think tank to identify needs
· Offers planning sessions to organize parent events
· Leads or co-leads parent engagement sessions
· Performs program area or department work-related duties as assigned
· Must work well under deadlines and in a team environment
· Four-year college degree
· Elementary school teaching experience
· Preferred experience in Cognitively Guided Instruction Mathematics and familiarity with Workshop
· Valid California teaching credential with a minimum of five years of successful teaching experience
· Two years teacher-leadership experience
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Database systems
· Comprehensive understanding of technology and its applications
The Foundation, an Equal Opportunity Employer, offers a competitive pay plan and excellent benefits including, health, dental, vision insurance, sick time, vacation and holidays, and safe harbor 401(k) retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com No phone calls, please.