Details: This is a part time position (20 -25 hours per week) with a salary equivalent to $50,000 for full time.
495 Flatbush Avenue
About the Program and Communications Associate
As a Program and Communications Associate of NYC NOWC, you will be responsible for program coordination, communication outreach and reporting. You are entrepreneurial, driven, and deeply committed both to mission and to making sure that things that need to get done, are done.
We’re a startup nonprofit organization funded through an NYC City Council Worker Cooperative Business Development Initiative (WCBDI). We deeply value nimbleness, initiative, creativity, intelligence, collaboration, and action. You will be part of a lean team, with an active board of passionate worker-owners and advocates for social and economic justice.
Track and report progress
- Programmatic reporting including managing sign in sheets, newsletters and city reporting
- Answer any requests that come in through NYC NOWC email and phone line, refer incoming opportunities to potential technical assistance providers, including possible conversion projects
- Support Communications Director in implementing a content calendar for all our communication channels
- Help update posts and content for our website.
- Help manage and update social media accounts.
- Send out regular updates and relevant news to NYC NOWC listserv.
- Outreach through website, newsletters, text messaging and phone calls for NYC NOWC events.
- Support in the creation of outreach materials: such as flyers and shareable images.
- Support Programing Director on program coordination and logistics for regular programming, annual conference, advocacy council and training collective. This includes finding space, hiring childcare and interpretation and ordering food
- Support logistics on site at NYC NOWC programming
- Support logistics for advocacy council and training collective programs and meetings
- Provide info sessions to those interested in worker cooperatives
- Provide translation support for NYC NOWC materials
- Support NYC NOWC members with member driven programming
- Highly organized and attention to detail
- Self starter, independent, flexible and a collaborative worker comfortable working in a team environment
- At least 1-2 years of communications
- Excellent written and oral communicator
- English and Spanish fluency a must
- Experience with event planning a strong plus
- Experience with worker-cooperatives a plus
- Marketing and/or organizing experience a plus
- Experience with CiviCRM a plus
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish fluency a must
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
This is a part time position (20 -25 hours per week) with a salary equivalent to $50,000 for full time. There is possible room to grow into an eventual full-time position. This position reports directly to the Program Director. Candidates interested in the position should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 26th.
NYC NOWC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, NYC NOWC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.