The Desai Sethi Foundation is committed to improving lives through innovation in entrepreneurship, education, and wellness. It has staff and board presence in Detroit, New York, and Miami, and a national footprint in its programming.
Having explored the education space from different angles through its programming and grants for several years, DSF is now looking to launch a game-changing scholarship to provide meaningful financial assistance and other resources to students enrolling in graduate school programs. We will identify the nation’s most promising future leaders and changemakers across law, medicine, business and other graduate programs through past performance of academic excellence and their potential to drive significant positive change in the coming years. We will arm them with financial resources, leadership programming and a highly-engaged student and alumni network. We aim to inspire in them a commitment toward serving others and a desire to address some of the most complex challenges facing our society.
The Program Director will work alongside the foundation’s Executive Director and board to successfully launch and manage this ambitious new program. Responsibilities will include:
· Strategic planning: Plan effectively at both the big-picture strategic visioning level and granular implementation level. Consistently engage board, DSF team, and external stakeholders in an appropriate and productive way.
· Program launch and management: Fully own all details of program design, including building the application process, marketing to high-potential universities and students, managing scholar selection, onboarding scholars, and running all ongoing leadership programming and scholar engagement.
· Evaluation and learning: Build and manage an evaluation and learning plan to measure effectiveness and impact across all efforts, and to ensure DSF is consistently learning from its own work and from the scholars and communities it serves. Adapt programming over time, if necessary, to align with learnings.
· Relationship building: Regularly engage with a range of stakeholders and partners, including current and prospective scholars, academic institutions, peer organizations, advisors and mentors, and the foundation board to ensure needs are met, curiosities are satisfied, and positive partnerships are maintained both internally and externally.
· 10-15+ years of work experience, with considerable time spent in the education space
· Bachelor’s degree
· Commitment to and passion for education, and an active interest in building a thriving scholar community
· Maintains a solutions-oriented mindset; assumes full ownership and accountability around mandate set by the board
· Ability to balance bold ideas with a humble attitude; always seeking to learn more
· Outstanding listening skills, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit
· Consistently resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and environments
· High integrity; strong people instincts and ability to identify this quality in others
· Ability to work effectively with diverse concepts, individuals, and organizations; ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively; possess a strong team spirit while maintaining professional confidence to get things done on your own
· Strong oral and written communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If you have any questions prior to submitting your application, please feel free to be in touch.
The Desai Sethi Foundation is committed to improving lives through innovation in entrepreneurship, education, and wellness. It has staff and board…