Details: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
222 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 380
The Company: Community Investment Corporation (CIC) is a not-for-profit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), capitalized by investments from more than 40 financial institutions, with a mission to be a leading force in affordable housing and neighborhood revitalization through innovative financing, programs, and policy leadership. Since 1984, CIC has originated more than 2,200 loans for $1.3 billion for the acquisition and rehabilitation of more than 58,000 units of affordable rental housing in the Chicago metropolitan area. CIC services a loan portfolio of $300 million and closes $50 - 60 million in loans per year.
The Position: The Construction Inspector, under the supervision of the Construction Risk manager, reviews and evaluates the proposed scope and budget of the rehabilitation projects under consideration for CIC loans. The Inspector also works with the owner and general contractor in refining the scope of work necessary to meet the needs of the building, reviews draw requests and makes payout inspections.
Reports to: The Construction Risk Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Initial Inspections - Reviews the proposed construction scope and budget, makes an inspection of the property to compare the physical conditions with the proposed work. Makes recommendations, if necessary, to clarify and/or modify the scope and budget. Makes written report to borrower with recommendations and suggestions. Evaluates the general contractor's capabilities.
· Prepare for Loan Committee/ Closing - Reviews and compiles all the necessary construction documents required to ensure confidence that the project will succeed. This includes architectural plans, subcontractors’ proposals, permits, insurance, etc. Helps the Loan Officer in the presentation of the request for loan approval at Loan Committee meetings.
· Payouts Inspections - Inspects the property to review the progress of the construction work to determine the value of the work completed. Writes up a summary of the work completed at the time of inspection.
· Process Draws - Reviews the documentation submitted by contractor and borrower.
· Owner/Contractor Interface - Often communicates with borrowers and contractors regarding job progress, questions on draws, mediating disputes to ensure that the construction is completed with good workmanship and within the time frame previously established.
· Other lenders/Title Companies/Loan Officers, other Entities Interface - Communicates with inspectors of other lenders, Title Company officers, Loan Officers, etc. to coordinate inspections and assist in resolving payout discrepancies that may arise during the construction project..
Skills and Experience:
· Five years experience in a combination of construction related activities, including inspections, draw review and construction supervision.
· Undergraduate degree preferred.
· Excellent communication skills in person and in writing.
· Well organized and able to meet deadlines.
· Able to work with persons of diverse backgrounds.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
Minimum Education Required