Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation has grown into America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 51 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, etc. The mission of the National Wildlife Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world. The organization's programs focus on conserving wildlife, restoring habitat and waterways, expanding outdoor opportunities, connecting children with nature, and addressing the causes and consequences of climate change.
The National Wildlife Federation is seeking a highly creative and talented Digital Graphic Designer to join our Digital Design and Strategy (DDS) team to contribute to very visible and varied projects, including creative for an E-Commerce platform implementation, a fundraising and advocacy platform implementation, and a brand new look and feel of our suite of our K-12 Education Programs.
This assignment is expected to last one year (full benefits) with potential for permanency.
In this role you will:
- Understand brand value and trust to produce designs that respect, reinforce, and amplify our mission
- Have considerable latitude to create fresh and appealing designs that you will present to core teams and stakeholders. Candidates should be confident in advocating for their ideas and designs.
- Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, and emotionally engaging
- Design and code responsive emails in HTML
- Work closely with website developers and content writers to coordinate formatting and delivery of page templates
- Own the Wordpress standards and experience. Customize templates with CSS, set up pages and templates, and train others in the platform
- Manage requirements, tasks, and deliverables with the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Have consideable latitude to create fresh and appealing ideas and designs that you will present to core teams and stakeholders.
- Report directly to the Project Manager and collaborate with all members of the DDS team including a User Experience Designer, content writer, and SEO specialist. Work closely with software developers, and marketing, innovation, fundraising, and product leads across the organization.
- Advanced experience working in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office software
- Experience designing responsive solutions for non-profit or commercial clients
- 3+ years of related professional experience and proven experience with digital products
- Ability to work closely with individuals/clients to solicit needs and goals of a design effort and produce designs that meet or exceed those requirements
- Comfortable working toward aggressive deadlines at times
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team player who is curious and can quickly gain knowledge about all areas of the business
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to work onsite at the Reston, VA Headquarters
- Flexibility, determination, and a sense of humor
The employee's actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
We aspire to be an inclusive multicultural organization that celebrates the rich dimensions of diversity such as race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical ability, and religious and political belief. Diversity at the National Wildlife Federation translates into understanding and valuing each other's perspectives.
The National Wildlife Federation offers excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and a family-friendly, flexible work environment. We are committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you meet more than 75% of the qualifications of this description, we encourage you to submit an application. A background check will be conducted on the selected candidate.
Interested candidates should submit both a cover letter, resume, and examples of work.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.