3543 18th Street, #8
The Women’s Building (TWB) is a women-led community space that advocates self-determination, gender equality, and social justice. We provide services and programs to empower women, are the home to a variety of non-profit organizations, and a community center with meeting spaces for rent.
This is a unique position for a creative, hands on person with a vision to keep our facilities safe and secure for staff and community.
This position provides leadership, management and coordination of The Building maintenance and capital improvement program, new construction and upgrades. The Manager should ensure the reliability of building systems, including mechanical and safety systems, housekeeping and janitorial services; manage vendors and in-house staff to ensure all systems are properly maintained, operated, and documented; establish, manage, and improve operational processes and standards; and manage the budgetary planning and execution of operating expenses and capital maintenance expenditures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilities management, including maintenance and repairs, janitorial, safety and security.
- Facilities improvements management, including systems upgrades and spaces remodeling.
- Office space management, office leasing and liaison with in-house organizations.
- Administrative Office management, systems, equipment and IT management and purchase of supply.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Previous Facilities Management experience required
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong initiative and project follow through, emphasis on detail, multi-tasking and deadlines
- Solution-oriented and able to be the first to notice problems and implement their solutions.
- Computer fluency
- Cultural competence in working with diverse populations
- Knowledge of basic repairs and maintenance
- Able to lift and move moderately heavy objects (tables, chairs, etc) up to 25 lbs
Hours: 32 hours per week
Salary: $28.85/hr FTE $60,000
benefits: health insurance, paid holidays and vacation
Supervision: Teresa Mejia, Executive Director
Deadline to apply: please email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com by December 1st, 2018
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a letter of interest and resume