VisionFund is the world’s largest Christian microfinance network. For more than a decade we have been improving the lives of children across the developing world, as we provide small loans and other financial services to families struggling in poverty. Our clients are able to build successful businesses, which enable them to ensure their children grow up healthy and educated.
As the microfinance subsidiary of World Vision, the world’s largest Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation, our microfinance institutions (MFIs) are found across the globe in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
Sharing the same vision as World Vision, VisionFund aims to provide ‘life in all its fullness’ to children throughout the world, as their parents receive small loans, improve their businesses and increase in ability to care for their children as family incomes multiply.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This role will be responsible for developing a new strategic operating model that will significantly improve productivity and efficiency in the MFI. This role will oversee and have ultimate accountability for successful implementation of the new operating model and other change projects within the MFI, coordinating and aligning this with the regional and global standards within VFI.
- Oversee the implementation of all MFI projects and participate in issue-resolution decisions, vendor management and regular communication updates to all stakeholders as MFI representative.
- Ensure effective oversight of change activities, including ensuring MFI management teams, VFI region and Boards are fully on-side with implementation approaches and plans.
- Develop new, and continuously improve, programs and processes in the MFI to improve organizational productivity and effectiveness.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Professional education in finance or equivalent experience/knowledge.
- Strong hands-on experience in managing and successfully delivering large IT projects, ideally in a retail banking or MFI environment.
- Good process design and IT project experience knowing how to use technology to drive business change and improvement.
- Demonstrated experience and success in managing or leading complex projects to budget and within deadline, including multiple projects relating to organizational changes.
- Minimum of 5 years working at a senior management level of a complex, global organization, focused on operations, with matrix-style management structures.
- Proven effectiveness in intercultural working, with work experience in Asia preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience managing people and teams.
This is an exciting new role in VisionFund Myanmar, one of the largest and fastest growing MFIs in the VisionFund network. This position will be based in Yangon, Myanmar. And the role will lead of team of professionals and will be responsible in developing skills and capabilities through effective coaching and support.
VisionFund International aims to be diverse and inclusive organisation and candidates of all backgrounds and cultures are welcomed.
We are dedicated to all our staff development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
In order to be considered for the position candidates should submit their application online at www.careers.visionfund.org not later than March 7, 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.