605 Southwest 108th Street
The Data and Evaluation Manager is a part-time position (30 hours per week) with the White Center Community Development Association (WCCDA). The Data and Evaluation Manager is responsible for (1) partnering with members of the White Center community via the data and evaluation process; (2) analyzing data and communicating key findings to White Center residents, partners, and decision-makers; (3) leading program performance measurement and internal continuous improvement activities; (4) aligning data and evaluation activities with the requirements of grants, partnerships, and data quality and security policies.
Position/Classification: Part-time, Permanent, Program Manager
Reports to: White Center CDA Executive Director
Direct Reports: College Interns and Industry Volunteers
Customers: WCCDA staff, WCCDA partner agencies, schools, families and other stakeholders
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and maintain a database using Apricot software from Social Solutions.
- Identify, collect, and analyze consistent data sources for community indicators.
- Oversee and coordinate a White Center Community Survey every two years.
- Collect and analyze qualitative data from community members, such as oral history interviews.
- Communicate community data through data visualization, written reports, and presentations.
- Develop and implement program evaluations and program data dashboards for rapid reporting.
- Provide data for grant applications and assist with grant-writing as needed.
- Provide staff and partner agencies with technical support for data collection, data entry, and analysis.
- Attend data-related meetings.
- Recruit and supervise college interns and data volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years’ experience including primary data collection, qualitative and quantitative analysis, database development and management, and community engagement.
- Knowledge of data analysis tools such as Excel, R, QGIS, or related software.
- Proficient in Access or other database programs.
- Experience with education, health, or social services data.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in conveying technical findings to a variety of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work collaboratively, and bring about consensus.
- Commitment to improving outcomes for low-income youth and families using an equity and racial justice lens.
- Highly self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and able to exercise initiative.
- Prior experience supervising interns and volunteers.
- Excellent follow through and fulfills responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Capability to adapt in a rapidly changing and organic environment.
WCCDA seeks candidates with knowledge in primary data collection, qualitative and quantitative analysis, database development and management, and community engagement at a level normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree plus three years of experience, or a Master’s degree. Familiarity with White Center, nonprofit organizations, and education or human services data desired. However, any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required qualifications and skills set will be considered.
Pay Rate: $25 per hour. Pro-rated Medical/Dental provided for part-time employees.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application submittal: Application must be received by Tuesday July 3rd at 5:00pm PST for first review. Interested parties should submit a 1) cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) a copy of a report or presentation that demonstrates your writing and analytical skills. Complete application materials should be sent to email@example.com or to the White Center CDA, 605 SW 108th Street, Seattle, WA 98146.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to read, speak, stand, walk, sit and use a computer keyboard and monitor. Some heavy lifting and physical labor is required during special events. This position requires occasional travel to meetings and conferences. Some evening meetings and/or weekend events will be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The White Center Community Development Association prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, marital status, national origin, mental or physical disability, political belief or affiliation, veteran status, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities or in employment and application for employment as protected under state or federal law. We are an equal opportunity employer.