1000 N. Alameda St.
Abriendo Puertas/Opening Doors (AP/OD) seeks a motivated individual dedicated to providing a wide range of administrative tasks and to support day-to-day operation of the Abriendo Puertas/Opening Doors program. The Administrative Assistant is a part-time and non-exempt position, working 24 hours per week. The Administrative Assistant will be reporting to the National Program and Operations Director.
This position is responsible for providing general administrative support as needed, including but not limited to:
- Coordinate and perform administrative tasks, including correspondence, responding to requests for information, scheduling internal and external meetings and events, and coordinating conference room and meetings accommodations
- Sort incoming mail and courier deliveries for distribution
- Prepare and send mail (e.g. AP/OD promotional materials)
- Fulfill AP/OD orders – facilitator kits, loterias, and other items
- Maintain inventory records of books, training supplies and materials
- Purchase, receive and store the office and training supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available (e.g. books, shirts, kits,bags, posters, papel picado, etc)
- Keep storage room stocked and organized
- Make travel, meeting and other arrangements for AP/OD staff and trainers
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment
- Prepare props, handouts, certificates, and materials for AP/OD trainings, workshops and other events
- Responsible for local and national training logistics
- Responsible for training site set up and clean up of LA based AP/OD training events
- Order catering for AP/OD events as requested
- Assist in event registration using Eventbrite for AP/OD training registration, payment, and confirmation
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the AP/OD’s databases
- Back-up electronic files using proper procedures
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members
- Deliver high quality customer service to partners and facilitators
- Create and organize files and materials as requested
- Make copies as requested
- Provide written Spanish translations as requested
- Assist with electronic newsletters
- Post approved AP/OD information and photos on various social media sites as requested
- Send out AP/OD related information as requested (e.g. training day reminders)
- Sign on to AP/OD selected policy and advocacy campaigns as requested
- Assist with special projects, conferences and reports as needed
- Other assignments and tasks as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma and at least 2 years of college course in related field;
- Two years of demonstrated administrative support work;
- Successful experience working both independently and part of a team; and
- Demonstrated experience with clear written and verbal communications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solutions and detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills;
- Ability to work closely in a team environment;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results-oriented office environment while maintaining attention to detail and quality;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe, and PowerPoint) and ability to quickly learn new software programs
- Demonstrate ability to hold information confidential with excellent judgment
- Requires sitting, talking and listening for 3+ hours per day. Standing and walking for up to 3 hours per day, reaching with hands and arms and keying for up to 3 hours per day. Up to 4 hours per day spent at computer;
- Can lift up to 15 lbs. (books, materials, supplies, etc.);
- Access to a car, possession of a valid driver’s license, and proof of automobile insurance;
- Local travel as needed.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to Debbie Ignacio at email@example.com. State “AP/OD Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
OUR HIRING PROCESS & TIMELINE:
- We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- We will begin scheduling in-person interviews in late-September 2018.
- Finalists will be invited to a second-round interview, and we will make an offer shortly thereafter.
- We would like to have the selected candidate start on October 17, 2018.