175 North Beacon Street
Under direction of Perkins Director, the iCanConnect/NDBEDP Manager manages day-to-day operations of iCanConnect in MA and Rhode Island within the FCC’s program rules and policies. Provides guidance on program equipment and service provision to staff and iCanConnect trainers/partners/service providers in the 22 states/U.S. territories the FCC certified Perkins to lead iCanConnect.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Expectations include the following.
· Make daily decisions about provision of equipment, training, and tech support within program rules and budget limits
· Field calls/provide guidance to consumers, vendors, agencies and state partners
· Record consumer activities in Perkins’ proprietary iCanConnect web-based database
· Ensure compliance with all FCC program rules, and provide input on policy development
· Monitor database entries and reports, and interact with database vendor to resolve data input errors and accessibility issues
· Provide database tech support to Perkins staff and others, especially those who use screen readers
· Conduct consumer assessments and training throughout MA and RI, and elsewhere as needed
· Cultivate outreach opportunities and participate in public speaking engagements as needed
· Maintain working knowledge of program equipment and software and regularly scan relevant literature for new products that may be of value to distribute
· Cultivate relationships with agencies serving deaf-blind consumers in MA and RI
· Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s in Business Administration/Management, information technology, assistive technology or related field required; Minimum of 5 years of experience in a training capacity. Work with deaf-blind, blind, or deaf individuals on access technology is highly desirable.
We provide a complete benefits package which includes tuition reimbursement, medical and dental insurance, LTD and Life insurance, retirement programs and staff development and training.
Perkins seeks to enhance its community of intellectually, culturally, and socially diverse individuals to enrich the educational experience of our students. Applicants from a multicultural background, are bilingual, and/or who have relevant life experience are encouraged to apply.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
You can apply directly through the Perkins' career page or you can submit your resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org