80 Trowbridge Street
Business Manager Position
The Cambridge-Ellis School is seeking an experienced, reliable and organized individual with financial and accounting acumen to serve as its full-time Business Manager.
Mission Statement: The Cambridge-Ellis School community provides a warm, stimulating early school experience in a joyful, loving environment built upon a foundation of trusting relationships with a diverse group of children and families. We promote the optimal development of the whole child through a creative, play-based, emergent curriculum, and immersion language offerings.
Business Manager Responsibilities
Finance and Accounting:
● Manage the school’s accounting and billing systems: accounts payables, accounts receivables, payroll, general ledger entries and purchase orders;
● Supervise and direct outsourced accounting company and monthly accounts
● Oversee systems for setting, collecting and assessing school’s tuition and fees; manage and reconcile revenue via Smart Tuition software; Active software
● Provide monthly accounting, reconciliations and analysis of all income and expenditures, cash-flow and balance sheet accounts, with actuals to budgets
● Work closely with the school’s Director, Development Associate, and the Treasurer
● Assist Finance Committee in budget development and long-range financial planning
● Regular reporting of financial and business information to the Board of Directors
● Manage the annual audit including the preparation of accounts, supporting schedules and reports to external auditors
● Assist Director and Financial Aid committee in processing Financial Aid applications
Human Resources Administration:
● Manage all Health, Life, Disability, Dental, Pension, Flexible Spending- and COBRA accounts
● Manage annual enrollment process and ensure compliance
● Communicate with insurance brokers and account administrators
Building and Grounds:
● Coordinate Building and Grounds maintenance and special projects
● Participate on Buildings and Grounds Committee
Ideal Candidate’s Qualifications and Skills
● At least 3+ years of mid-level accounting/financial management experience in a school and/or non-profit environment
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance - CPA / MBA or equivalent a plus.
● Skilled in GAAP and financial reporting including an excellent understanding of debits / credits.
● Proven ability to research and conclude on technical accounting issues.
● Experience in nonprofit management or closely-related field
● Attention to detail with an orientation towards repeatable and efficient processes.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Proficient in QuickBooks / Excel
● Experience with ADP payroll platform, such as Workforce Now; Active Enrollment Software; Bills.com, Smart Tuition, Blackbaud database
● High ethical standards; trustworthy and discretion to maintain confidentiality
● Comfortable working in a school environment with young children
● Candidate will need to pass a background check
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications to be received by October 20, 2018. We are looking to fill this position on or before December 1, 2018. Send your resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Gerlinde Hossain-Endl
Cambridge Ellis School
80 Trowbridge Street
Cambridge, MA 02138