11 French Drive
Under the direction of the Manager of Youth Education, and working as part of the Education and Audience Engagement team, the Youth Education Instructor will develop and teach a variety of mission-related, audience-focused programs for families and children in grades PreK-12 at Tower Hill Botanic Garden. These programs include school field trips, community group visits, regular drop-in activities, free and for-fee classes, and other informal educational opportunities during Tower Hill exhibitions and events such as Hello Spring, April Vacation Week, Daffodil Day, Pollinator Palooza, and October Oddities.
Typical duties include:
· Developing and teaching seasonal, inquiry-based lesson plans and activities focused on plants, botany, gardening, ecology, etc. for PreK-12 school and community groups.
· Developing and teaching scout programs that meet badge requirements.
· Developing and leading youth activities at Tower Hill special events.
· Leading guided nature hikes for youth and their families focused on gardening, botany, and local plant ecology.
· Assisting with the development of dynamic activities, interactives, interpretation, and other educational tools.
· Assisting with the implementation and evaluation of existing field trip curriculum.
· Setting up and breaking down programs.
· Assisting with program and activity research.
· Engaging with the public and encouraging interaction between visitors and collections.
· Performing additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Youth Education Instructor is an hourly term position and non-exempt from overtime. The standard work schedule for this position is 32.5 hours per week for 30 weeks, Tuesday through Saturday, 9:30am-4pm. The position will begin in mid-April or early-May.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume. Include your first and last name in the file name of each document.