We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Human Rights Campaign is the nation’s largest civil rights organization fighting for LGBTQ equality. The Associate Video Producer reports to the Director of Video and is responsible for assisting with the creation of HRC’s events videos—virtual or live—and providing support to the Video team.
- Preproduce, plan and execute virtual HRC events in coordination with program staff using streaming platforms like Restream, StreamYard, and other technologies.
- Assist with video production of live HRC events post pandemic, including moving and setting up equipment, capturing and recording footage, managing livestreams of HRC live events to social media, and editing clips for social media.
- Assist with other HRC video production including moving, setting up, and tearing down equipment, running teleprompter, or assisting crews as necessary post pandemic.
- Produce and edit auction videos for HRC live events, once live events resume post-pandemic.
- Edit and maintain a weekly corporate sponsor video for HRC live events, once live events resume post-pandemic.
- Light editing of videos for internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with the social optimization of videos, including reformatting edited videos for various social media platforms, captioning videos, and finalizing videos for rollout.
- Manage the HRC archive of video and audio including:
- Download and organize weekly HRC video and audio press hits, reporting on total number of downloads every week.
- Post-production management of footage, projects and external drives from HRC producer-editors, external cinematographers and external editors.
- Editing clips from the archive for internal and external stakeholders
- Organizing and digitizing backlog library of HRC tapes.
- Execute weekly reporting on video views across HRC social media platforms, and other data collection as needed.
- Work with finance and legal teams to execute contracts and invoices for external vendors, managing payments and handling check requests.
- Assist with travel arrangements, credit card reports, logistics and other admin for video team.
- Organize and maintain HRC studio and gear, working to repair broken gear with external vendors when necessary and keeping the studio clean and orderly.
- Maintain and organize HRC social channels including channel lineups for YouTube and Facebook.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) with at least one year of experience in video production preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with Adobe Premiere CC, Adobe PhotoShop, After Effects, Illustrator.
- Knowledge of and experience with Apple software (Macs).
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated, self-starter and team player with a can do attitude, willing to pivot on a dime.
- Non-traditional hours (nights and weekends) will occasionally be necessary.
- Knowledge of current events preferred.
- Commitment to LGBTQ equality is required.
*Please include a link to your portfolio in the cover letter or resume or upload separate documents.*
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.