The VIP Community Mental Health Center (VIP CMHC) is an exempt 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that works under the umbrella of the greater Violence Intervention Program (VIP). VIP CMHC offers mental health services for children, 0 to 21 years old, and their non-offending family members living in LA County. VIP CMHC provides treatment using a multidisciplinary treatment team, and it also integrates medical and mental health assessments to provide comprehensive treatment to the child. Its clinical staff provides services on-site and in schools as well as at the VIP's Forensic Medical Clinic as children are triaged after trauma.
Violence Intervention Program is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the community in the heart of Los Angeles County. At the Violence Intervention Program (VIP), we understand that every employee plays an integral role in protecting and caring for the children and families we serve each day. Composed of a diverse and growing community of concerned and caring individuals, VIP is dedicated to helping abused and neglected children and their families find hope for today and opportunities for a brighter tomorrow. Every employee knows that they can make a difference and change a life.
Reporting into the Clinical Supervisor, the Bilingual Clinical Therapist/Crisis Specialist is responsible for crisis intervention and mental health screening operations to assess mental health needs, ensure the psychological well-being of patients, and provide appropriate recommendations at the East San Gabriel Valley (El Monte) HUB Clinic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ability to work collaboratively with members of inter-disciplinary teams; and ability to provide ongoing clinical consultation to medical staff;
· Demonstrated awareness of, sensitivity to and competence in dealing with cultural and socioeconomic diversity of client population;
· Conduct mental health screenings/crisis intervention, integrating forensic interviewing techniques and formulating recommendations;
· Educate patient and family regarding the diagnosis, mental health needs, and provide appropriate mental health referrals;
· Develop relationships and ongoing communication with DCFS workers and other staff;
· Participate in training on intervention techniques;
· Complete all required documentation in accordance with regulations (e.g. DMH);
· Maintain all appropriate records including crisis intervention files and/or incident reports, clinical notes and other records as required;
· Follow agency policy and procedures;
· Participate in VIP in-service training programs; and
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Ph.D/Psy.D/MSW/MFT degree and two (2) years documented experience in a mental health setting;
· Spanish speaking;
· Forensic interviewing skills a plus;
· The ability to relate effectively and professionally with children, supervisor, co-workers and staff;
· Must meet eligibility requirements to bill for DMH services;
· Self-starter, independent supervisor with the ability to adapt to change in a fast working environment;
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
· Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
· Must have current licensure the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) (LMFT, LCSW); must maintain CA BBS licensure in good standing.
Monday through Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm
BENEFITS & PERKS
· Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Supplemental Insurance.
· 401(k) plan / Profit Sharing.
· 12 paid holidays per year.
· Generous paid time off accrual.
· Travel reimbursements at IRS rate.
· $4,000 Bonus.
East San Gabriel Valley Hub Clinic (El Monte)
Apply here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/632730/VIP-Community-Mental-Health/Bilingual-Clinical-Therapist-Crisis-Specialist-HUB-El-Monte-4000-Bonus
The VIP Community Mental Health Center (VIP CMHC) is an exempt 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that works under the umbrella of the greater Violence Intervention Program (VIP). VIP CMHC offers mental health services for children, 0 to 21 years…
Bilingual in Spanish
Bilingual in Spanish