755 Ocean Avenue
Lick-Wilmerding High School seeks a full-time Annual Fund Manager to be responsible for planning and successfully organizing a program to exceed the budgeted goal for the LWHS Annual Fund. As a member of a six-person collaborative team, the Annual Fund Manager will conceive strategy and logistics for the Annual Fund, partner with colleagues to increase Annual Fund revenue, and ensure growth in participation rates across constituencies.
This team member serves as the project manager for all Annual Fund activity, including leadership prospect receptions and solicitations, solicitation mailings, phone-a-thons, and electronic pledge days. In addition, the Annual Fund Manager will manage the Annual Fund volunteer program. This team member will serve as the primary coordinator of prospect research, conducting research, and writing prospect profiles. The position requires discretion and independent judgment to manage programs.
1. Annual Fund
- Design the strategy, theme, messaging, communications, and calendar for the Annual Fund to all constituencies, partnering with colleagues as needed
- Manage Annual Fund volunteer program—coordinate phone-a-thon, create and maintain master solicitation lists, send regular updates, respond timely to volunteer inquiries, and provide necessary tools for volunteer success
- Organize constituency segmentation and target solicitation amounts
- Manage the planning and implementation of leadership prospect solicitation events and stewardship events, partnering with the Director of Development and Associate Director as needed
- Coordinate with the Database Manager to produce pledge reminders and Annual Fund reports
- Analyze Annual Fund data with colleagues to determine areas of opportunity
2. Prospect Research
- Oversee the prospect research management system for organizing and reviewing donor prospects
- Partner with colleagues to identify prospective donors and determine priorities for research
- Conduct research on donor prospects, create donor prospect biographical research reports, and add relevant research information into Raiser’s Edge
- Compile prospect research reports for event briefing books
- Conduct consistent and thorough constituent database updates (address changes, business information, college education, etc), including regularly imports from the school website database.
3. Department Events
- Help team members in the planning for the opening celebration of the new classroom building in October 2018
- Take part in planning the celebration of the school’s 125th anniversary in 2020
- Management of annual Volunteer Appreciation Party in May
- Support and staff other events and activities as needed
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
- A high degree of integrity and dedication to the LWHS mission
- Ability to establish goals and action plans, as well as work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team to achieve goals
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An appreciation for a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, resilience, approachability, kindness, and humor
- Some evening/weekend work required
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 3-5 years similar experience
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented
- Strong self-motivation
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality
- Computer skills sufficient to fulfill job responsibilities—experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge software, google drive, and Microsoft office a plus
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit lwhs.org/employment to apply for the position. Please include—all in PDF format—a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references. Nancy Kehoe, Director of Development, is the primary contact for this job posting. No calls, emails, or faxes, please.
Deadline to apply: Open until filled.